Remember not too long ago I did a giveaway for a years supply of Cheer Laundry Detergent? Well welcome the partner to that giveaway. Let me introduce you to Downy Fabric Softner. I’m very excited to be hosting another spectacular giveaway on my blog for a year’s worth of Downy!
Don’t tell anyone I said this, but my husband is better at laundry them me. Yes you heard that right my husband knows how to do the laundry. No pink underwear or inside out clothes, when he does laundry everything comes out in the correct colors, wrinkle free, and fresh smelling. Of course it is usually ME doing the laundry, SIGH, but I still like my clothes to come out wrinkle free and fresh smelling.
One thing that is important to my husband is the smell, he loves his clothes to have that freshly laundered smell, so much so that usually when he DOES do laundry I go through detergent and fabric softner at alarming rates.
However there is always a bottle of Downy on hand. My favorite scent is the Original, it just smells clean to me. I’m not as much into the flowers, and fruity smells. I just can’t imagine my clothes smelling like fruit. I’m excited to try out my new bottle of April Fresh Downy, though I admit I’m a little apprehensive I so love the original. I think I will let me husband have the say on this one.
Our fresh, blooming favorite has been improved. New Ultra Downy April Fresh provides an entire week of motion-activated freshness with just one wash, allowing you to enjoy the “Clean Sheet Day” experience for seven whole days. Plus, it’s formulated to keep clothes exceptionally soft, fresh, and virtually static-free. So you can feel more.
* Gives you 7 days of motion activated freshness with just one wash
* Renews freshness over time with Renewing Scent Pearl technology
* Infuses softness into fabrics so they feel as good as they look
* Fights against pesky static cling
* Helps reduce wrinkles
Downy also comes in other unique scents such as Sun Blossom and Spring Lavendar. They also make a Simple Pleasures line and dryer sheets to match. Yes we use detergent, fabric softner, and dryer sheets. I tell you my husbands loves the scents!
Beyond being just a fabric softner Downy helps kids with a program called Downy Touch of Comfort.
Downy Touch of Comfort Program FAQs
- A.Each year in the United States, children account for more than six million hospital stays and must confront the challenges of overcoming illness while staying in unfamiliar hospital environments. The Downy Touch of Comfort program, in partnership with Quilts for Kids, helps provide comforting quilts and a touch of home to hospitalized children.
- A.We have exceeded our goal of giving 10,000 quilts to hospitalized children. We’d like to thank everyone who has helped the cause thus far. You can still help the cause-visit quiltsforkids.org to learn more.
- A.Our specially marked bottle has sold out at most retailers, but there are still several ways you can get involved with Downy Touch of Comfort. Learn more
*2 Extra Entry if you share this post on Facebook (or use button at top of post)
*1 Extra Entry (per giveaway entered) Enter any or all giveaways at Shibley Smiles (please let me know what other giveaways you have entered.)
*2 Extra Entry if you post my button in your sidebar or blog roll. (leave link)
Disclaimer: I received the above product from for the purpose of this review A big thank you to Downy for providing this giveaway to one of my awesome readers. You may read more disclosure details here.
If you have a product you would like me to review please contact me at colleen(at)shibleysmiles(dot)com.