One of my biggest parent fails is home cooked meals and clipping coupons (well that is a personal fail not a parent fail). This is a something I really wanted to do when I had children (the cooking part). I wanted us to sit around the table together and have a home cooked (or close to it) family meal. However I it just never happened. We are all running in different directions and I’m sad to say I often do the “fast food” thing. However what I should be doing is paying a little more attention to my local Publix store, cutting coupons, and grabbing recipes.
A busy weeknight doesn’t have to mean fast food for dinner! Publix knows that the best meals happen at home, so they are excited to help you enjoy family mealtime without having to stress about what to prepare or spending hours in the kitchen. Stop by Publix during their “Best Meals Happen at Home” event to find great savings on some of your favorite products. Be sure to visit BestMealsatHome.com to find fantastic recipes, which can be cooked in 30 minutes or less, and your family is sure to love.
Every weekend, and often days during the week, when Honey and I visit Publix one of our favorite employees is there making a tasty dish. I often pick up the cards but sometimes I forget to actually take the time to shop and make the recipes. Now I have an even greater reason to do so.
- Take advantage of great savings on some of your favorite participating brands during the “Best Meals Happen at Home” event at Publix from June 2st through June 27th
- As of June 21st, look for in-store for coupons that will be valid through July 11th, 2012
- Visit BestMealsatHome.com to sign up and receive emails with weekly recipes and coupon offers that will help you save up to $200 this year
To kick-off the great savings and enjoy valuable time around the dinner table with your family, Publix invites you to try one of the delicious recipes that you can find at BestMealsatHome.com, which uses Pillsbury ® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls to make Buffalo Chicken Crescents:
Prep time: 10 Min
Start to Finish: 30 Min
Makes: 4 sandwiches
- 2 cans (4 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Separate or cut dough into 4 long rectangles, press perforations to seal. Place rectangles on ungreased cookie sheet.
- In bowl, mix chicken, celery and sauce. Spoon mixture on half of each rectangle; sprinkle with blue cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with fork to seal.
- Bake at 375°F 13 to 16 minutes.
To help you on your way to savings I’ve been given the chance to give one lucky winner a $25 Publix Gift Card. These come in handy and are even better when you have coupons and sales going on.
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end at 11:59 pm EST on the day announced above. Open to US Only.
Thank you and Good Luck!
Disclaimer: The Publix gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. You may read more of my disclosure.