Holiday Tips for Trimming Not Just the Tree, but Bills Too
The holidays are typically filled with good will and joy for all, but often that comes at a price. The price tag for presents, a traditional holiday meal and festive parties may not come cheap for many, during a time that is hitting most Americans hard with the current economy. To this end, BillFloat, the nation’s only bill payment provider to give consumers more time to pay when they need it, offers the following tips on how consumers can maximize their resources this holiday season:
- Don’t Pay the Minimum Balance! This is an oldie but goodie. Racking up credit card bills will only hurt you in the long run. The interest you pay may be more than the original charges. Pay as much as you can even if it is just a few dollars more than the minimum balance, as it will help you work to trim down that debt over time.
- Invest in Water! A popular fable is about the person who put the amount they normally pay for their Starbucks Latte and invested it and they had thousands of dollars over the years. To take that one step further, cutting back on the sodas, alcohol and other beverages can equal even more savings. Water is free and it is better for you in the long run.
- Never Pay Full Price! Tis the season for deals! The holiday season is filled with discounts, as retailers, restaurants and other merchants compete over every penny they can get. Look for coupons, discounts and sales, and only buy what is NEEDED vs. WANTED.
- Do the Homework! When making a large purchase, taking out a short-term loan or determining how to use your money, find the best rate. Just because a big bank is offering a “convenient” loan, doesn’t mean that there aren’t credible online lenders that have better interest rates and lower fees.
- Get Back to the Spirit of the Season! Instead of going lavish with shows, tons of presents and parties, invest in serving and giving time to others in need this holiday season. There are many great causes that may be local, and will make this time of year one of the most memorable by helping those in need.
- Turn Up Your Sweater! Lowering the thermostat a few degrees can save hundreds of dollars a year. It is easy to put on another sweater or blanket and snuggle, while watching TV.
Look for Free Money! This November and Decemberis picking one person every day to pay a bill or unexpected expense up to $50! Tweet using the hashtag #PlsPayMyBill or directly tweet describing a recent bill, charge, unexpected fee, ticket or payment of any kind, and you could have that bill paid in full for free without having to pay it back.
A growing number of people find that unexpected expenses, or work losses, can make it difficult to pay bills on time. With BillFloat, now you can get extra time to pay a bill and avoid late fees, overdraft charges, service termination, and risky, high-cost loans.
The BillFloat online service is built on innovative technology that analyzes a broad range of cash flow data to instantly score and approve qualified customers. BillFloat pays billers directly, and you repay BillFloat through an automatic deduction from your bank account or debit card.
BillFloat works with more than 2,500 providers of car financing, cable, insurance, telephone, utility, sanitation, satellite TV, self-storage, and homeowner association services. We also work with e-commerce and retail partners to provide an expanding range of payment options for their customers.
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end on December 26, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to US Only.
Thank you and Good Luck!
Disclaimer: I received the above product(s) at no cost to me by the company or representing PR agency. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. You may read more of my disclosure.