Smoothie’s are such an easy way to add nutrients and vitamins to your daily routine, if made correctly. As a busy mom of three and always on the go I admit I need a little extra help when it comes to getting in the recommended veggies and fruit in my diet. This Carrot Pineapple Chia Smoothie Recipe is easy to make and full of lots of flavor.
Carrot Pineapple Chia Smoothie Recipe
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1.5 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water (or more per consistency preference)
- 1 banana, medium
- Juice of one lime, more for garnish
- Mix in chia seeds in ¼ cup pf water and set aside.
- In meantime, in a blender jar, add all remaining ingredients except salt, then puree until smooth. Mix in chia seeds soaked in water. Stir well to loosen the seeds in smoothie. Add salt per taste.
- Pour in to glass and serve. Garnish with lime (optional)
2. Color of drink may vary based of freshness and color of carrots.
3. In hurry, use juice of carrot (un-sweetened) for this recipe.
Benefits of the Chia Seed
Enjoy chia seeds for their flavor and to boost the fiber, protein, calcium, antioxidants, and omega-3s in your diet.