Apple Pie Recipe
- 5 red Delicious or Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (such as McCormick brand — a simple blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- Juice of ½ lemon (1 Tbs.)
- 2 cups low-sodium, fat-free corn flakes
- 1/4 cup crushed shredded wheat
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Combine apples, water, cornstarch, spice, and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl.
- Lightly spray bottom of pie baking pan (8 inches in diameter) with Pam. To make crust, press corn flakes into bottom of pan.
- Fill pie pan with mixture, and bake in oven at 350 degrees.
Cherry Pie Recipe
- 8 cups frozen pitted cherries
- 4 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except oats.
- Place mixture in baking dish.
- Pour oats on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool then Serve.
About the Chef: Chef Anthony Stewart has won accolades worldwide, including five gold medals in top culinary competitions, for his masterful use of foodstuffs like fresh seafood and tropical fruit from his native Jamaica. When not in the kitchen, he’s in the classroom, and has inspired thousands of Pritikin guests “to have some fun!”