This Sunday I will be having some fun (or stressing) at my daughter’s birthday party. However I’m thankful that due to daylight savings time I will have an extra hour to prepare. Not everyone though remembers to change their clocks. A few years ago I had an “early” party guest because she forgot to change her clocks.
Official Change Your Clocks 2012: At 2am Sunday morning November 4, 2012
Energizer for the last 25 years has been reminding you to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors at the same time you change your clocks. This makes it hard to forget.
This year the time change is on November 4 and it also marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program. Energizerand the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win a Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
- One reusable grocery tote
- Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
- One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
- One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries with Power Seal Technology
- Two Energizer flashlights
- Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
- One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
For more information, please visit energizer.com and facebook.com/energizerbunny
Today you have a chance to win your own Family Safety Energizer kit:
- Two packages of Energizer® MAX®Batteries with Power Seal Technology
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end at 11:59 pm EST on the day announced above. Open to US Only.
Thank you and Good Luck!
Disclaimer: I received the above product(s) at no cost to me by the company or representing PR agency. All opinions are my own. You may read more of my disclosure here.