Mission is challenging you to “Eat Interesting”. With products such as tortillas, tacos, and chips when you think Mission you may think Mexican. However you might be surprised to learn of some interesting and tasty foods that can be created with the products . Foods you may not have thought to make (like my Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Sticks below).
I was challenged to create a recipe to kick of the “Mission Eat Interesting Sweeps” campaign by Mission. In fact 10 of us have been challenged to create an interesting recipe. Then YOU my loyal readers have the chance to vote on your favorite recipe. By submitting your vote you will have the chance to win cash and Better Homes and Gardens prizes.
I hope you will vote for mine….
CINNAMON & SUGAR FRIED APPLE STICKS
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 Can of Fried Apples (or apple pie filling)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 4 tbsp or 1/2 stick Butter (approx)
- Turn broiler on to preheat
- Prepare cinnamon & sugar mixture: Pour cup of sugar onto a plate (or in a bag) and sprinkle cinnamon to your liking. Mix sugar and cinnamon together
- Chop or cut up fried apples into tiny squares. I used a chopper to get apples small. If using pie filling try to use more apples and less of the sauce
- Cut tortilla into four squares, each tortilla will make four Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Sticks
- Microwave 2 to 4 squares (the microwave softens the tortilla making it easier to roll and helps the butter melt)
- Butter one square and flip it over
- Place a small line of apples on the tortilla square.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon & sugar mixture over the apples and your square (more if you like a heavier cinnamon flavor)
- Roll up apple in tortilla.
- Roll tortilla in cinnamon & sugar mixture (the butter should cause the mixture to stick)
- You can cut up the remaining pieces of tortilla, microwave, butter, and mix with the cinnamon & sugar to make Cinnamon Sugar Chips if you would like.
- Place sticks and chips on a greased cooking sheet.
- Broil until just starting to crisp. 3-5 minutes
4 Torillas will make 16 Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Sticks
I hope you will stop by the Mission Facebook Page and vote for my Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Sticks. When you stop by to vote (hopefully for my yummy Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Sticks), be sure to enter the “Mission Eat Interesting Sweeps” for a chance to win $3000 in cash and prizes.
As an added bonus Mission would like to challenge you to “Eat Interesting” and is giving one lucky winner right here at Shibley Smiles a $50 Visa Gift Card and a Mission Goodies Basket to help out.
So that is two chances to win,
- Vote for my recipe and enter the Mission Eat Interesting Sweeps on the Mission Facebook Page. (for a chance to win $3000 in cash and prizes)
- Enter below to win a $50 Visa Gift Card and Missions Food Goodies Basket.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Mission Foods. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.