I use to love to play video games when I was young. I would play Super Mario Brothers late into the night just trying to get to the next level. Videos games have come a long way since I was a kid (the olden days as my daughter calls them). No longer do we try to get the frog to jump across traffic and a pond to get to the other side. Now we can move, dance, and shake it while playing a game thanks to the Kinect!
The Kinect is one of my favorite editions to our electronic collection. My daughter loves to move, and is not a fan of just sitting and watching TV and playing video games. She was excited when I told her we were going to review Just Dance Kids® 2014. We have a few Just Dance games and we really enjoy them. However I will admit sometimes Honey gets a little irritated because the moves are a little hard for her. This is way Just Dance Kids® 2014 is a great edition to the Just Dance family.
Just Dance Kids had the #2 best-selling dance title and the best-selling kids dance game of 2012. Now, the coolest dance experience for kids is back! Just Dance Kids 2014 is now on Wii™, Wii U™, and Kinect for Xbox360! Featuring over 30 fun and crazy dance routines to kids favorite songs, including hits from today’s most popular artists, TV shows and movies. Just Dance Kids 2014 gets kids of all ages up and dancing with colorful graphics, super-fun dance moves, and kid-friendly game play!
I took a video of the kids enjoying the game. Unfortunately my daughter is a little camera shy and refused so I had to enlist my 16 and 13 year old to help me test it out. I think the game is better suited for kids of my daughters age, who is eight, but the boys did have fun and honestly I think my daughter could do a little better with her dancing skills.
- 30+ all-new dances led by real kids!
- Coming to three motion-controlled platforms
- Featuring songs from kids’ highest-rated TV shows , including YoGabba Gabba, and The Wiggles
- Also featuring some of today’s hottest hits like One Thing by One Direction, Hit The Lights by Selena Gomez, and Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato.
- Classic 4-player cooperative on Wii
- Up to 5 players on Wii U – use the gamepad to make your entire family dance to silly dance moves during any song for bonus points!
- New and improved features offer strong benefits for Parents
- Cooperative 2-player on Kinect – make your own music video
- Playlists allow Mom to select all her kids’ favorite songs for
- Onscreen lyrics lets kids learn the words and sing along as they
- Simple menu icons allow kids to navigate on their own nonstop dancing (electronic babysitter) dance
Just Dance Kids® 2014 would be a perfect gift for the holidays. A great way to sneak in some exercise when your children have no idea they are exercising. So let’s all get up shake it, dance, and STRIKE A POSE!