April 22, 1970
The idea for Earth Day was born. Senator Nelson recruited Harvard Law School student and environmental activist Denis Hayes to coordinate the events. On April 22, 1970, 20 million people gathered across the country to show their support for the environment on the very first Earth Day.
Things have definitely changed over the years. As a child I don’t remember recycling much. As an adult with children growing up in the current generation we are scolded if we do not recycle. I love that my children are learning about how important recycling is to our environment. You can help support and protect a clean environment. Visit this website to find recycling solutions near you: http://search.earth911.com/?sponsor=jnj
For additional tips and facts on what and where to recycle: http://caretorecycle.com/
HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® is offering amazing printable coupons, tips & tools and so much more for all the products you and your family love. You can save over $55 by visiting http://www.HealthyEssentials.com in April and signing up for HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® program coupons and offers such as:
HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® Coupons
- Save $1.00 on any JOHNSON’S® Baby Intense Moisture Cream
- Save $1.00 on any LUBRIDERM® product (6oz or larger)
- Save $1.00 on any (1) CLEAN & CLEAR® product (excludes trial and travel sizes)
- Save $1.00 on any (1) NEUTROGENA® Sun product (exclude trial size)
- Save $1.00 on any (1) LISTERINE® SMART RINSE Anti-cavity Mouthwash, 500 ml
- Save $1.00 on any (1) REACH® Total Care Floss, or REACH® Gentle Gum Care Floss, or REACH® Dentotape® or REACH® Access® Flosser
- Save $2.00 on any (3) NEOSPORIN®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive bandages or JOHNSON and JOHNSON RED CROSS® Brand products (excludes all trial and travel sizes, First Aid Kits, 10 ct Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages, and On-the-Go First Aid Kits. Must buy (2) different brand products to qualify for this offer along with a third product)
Donate a Photo App
Last year I downloaded the Donate a Photo App, sometimes I just need a little nudge to use it. The free Donate A Photo (DAP) app allows consumers to make a difference by raising money and awareness for causes that they care about through one simple act – taking a photo. For every photo shared through Donate A Photo, Johnson & Johnson will donate one dollar to one of its non-profit partners, which each consumer can choose from a rotating list. We donated a photo today.
Twitter Party Information – Note Party Has Been Postponed
This post is part of the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® 2014 program by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.