As I go about my daily chores, when home on the weekends, I’m saddened by the lack of children playing outdoors. When my boys were young, before video games really exploded, the neighborhood was always full of boys running around, riding bikes, and playing baseball. Now once in a while I will see a mom jogging with their toddler in a stroller or if I’m lucky someone fishing in the canal behind our house.
This is one reason while I’m excited to help promote the Love of Play Campaign. Quaker has asked me to talk to you about this amazing campaign.
Love of Play Campaign
Quaker is joining forces with Fuel Up to Play 60 and the NFL to launch the For the Love of Play campaign to help fuel healthy families and encourage them to get active for 60 minutes of play a day.
Promote Physical Activity
- Physical activity, in combination with good nutrition, is essential to a healthy lifestyle.1
- The campaign seeks to inspire and empower families and communities to get up and get active – at school, at home and everywhere in between.
- Play is fun and easy! Whether its flag football with friends, active brain breaks at school, a game of tag in the backyard with your family or organized sports – the ways to play are endless.
Now through December 1, 2014, you can visit QuakerMakethePlay.com to share the unique way that your family plays for a chance to win a grand prize “Day of Play” in your hometown with Indianapolis Colts Quarterback Andrew Luck, plus daily giveaways for a $50 NFLShop.com online gift card. I encourage you to check out the current entries and enter yourself. Our favorite family outdoors activity right now is swimming in our pool at our new home!
Gift packs will feature a variety of items perfect for active families, including:
- An LED Light-Up Frisbee perfect for playtime outdoors with the whole family
- A Mini Football for kids to enjoy team games
- A Stopwatch to time fun activities and ensure your family gets 60 minutes of play per day
- A set of Mini-Desk Cones for families to create their own games or relay races
- A handy sports bag to stay organized while keeping active
“Quaker is providing the prizes for thisprogram at no cost to me. This program is not administered or sponsored by Quaker or its affiliates, but solely by Shibley Smiles.”