This post brought to you by LifeLock Facebook. All opinions are 100% mine.
I've seen LifeLock all over the web lately and had to check into what it was all about. With the age of computers, iPhones, iPads, and the information highway your identity and records are so much more easily stolen then years before. There will come a time when you MUST protect them more so then even today. So today is the best day to get started.
LifeLock offers different plan levels and many different features here are 5 Points of Protection:
- Monitors Your Identity
- Scan for Identity Threats
- Responding to Identity Theft
- Trust Our Service Guarantee
- Tracking Your Credit Score
LifeLock offers a service guarantee:
If you become a victim of identity theft while you are a LifeLock member we will spend up to $1 million to hire experts, lawyers, investigators, consultants and whoever else it takes to help your recovery. Benefits under the Service Guarantee are being provided under a zero deductible identity theft insurance policy.
One easy way for a hacker to access your identity is through your password. How hack friendly is your password?Check out this interesting information.
• If you have 6 characters in your password with no symbol, it only takes a professional .000224 seconds
• If you have 10 characters and one symbol in your password, it takes up to 20 days for a professional to break in.
Here are some alarming facts regarding Identity Theft:
• Households earning $100k + per year have the highest identity fraud rate at 7.4%
• The average cost per person of having identities stolen is $1,513
• 11.6 million adults were victims of identity fraud in 2011 and a total of $18 billion was lost.
Alarming stats for social media/ smartphone users that have experience identity fraud:
• 6.6% of victims are smartphone owners
• 6.8% of victims are social media users who click on the applications
• 8.2% of victims are social media users who have “checked in” using their smartphone GPS
• 10.1% of victims are LinkedIn users
LifeLock is a great way to help protect your identity and those you love. For up to date information check out LifeLock on Facebook today.