The holiday season – the most wonderful time of the year! The holidays are all about family, friends and of course – food. But this time of year is also about adding holiday preparations to an already busy schedule. Let ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM cooking sauces and some great recipes give you a head start to sensational holiday sides and creative ideas for leftovers.
Looking to serve your family and guests something unique this year? With options like Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
The hard part will be deciding which one to make! Then of course there is the eternal question, “What can I make with all these leftovers?” Progresso Recipe Starters sauces have the answer with recipes like Baked Turkey Hoagie
that will transform your leftovers into delicious new food ideas. Available in five flavorful varieties, Progresso Recipe Starters can help you surprise and delight your family and guests at the main meal and after it!
And let’s not forget about the weeknight night! In between those big holiday meals, busy families are still looking for a little help getting dinner on the table. For inspiration, Progresso created 100 recipes utilizing this new line of cooking sauces that can be found on Progresso.com/RecipeStarters. Additionally, all the recipes on the site include a Rate and Review feature, so we encourage you to leave a rating and review of your own. Look for Progresso Recipe Starters in the soup aisle!
Inspired by the five “Mother” Sauces that form the basis of classical French cooking, including Béchamel, Velouté, Tomato, Espagnole and Hollandaise, Recipe Starters use a variety of ingredients and the best techniques to make sure you have delicious options to take on the school days dinner dilemma. The five varieties are:
- Creamy Parmesan Basil: This creamy, full-bodied and indulgent sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces can be used to make dishes such as Crispy Garlic-Parmesan Chicken, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, Basil Chicken Ravioli Carbonara and Basil Chicken Thai Noodle
- Creamy Roasted Garlic with Chicken Stock: With caramelized, roasted chicken broth, garlic and a touch of cream, this stock is perfect for dishes such as Creamy Lemon Chicken, Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Enchiladas
- Fire Roasted Tomato: A medium-thick tomato sauce, accompanied by flavors of roasted, caramelized tomatoes, oregano and bell peppers, which can be used as a great way to begin creating Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan, Cheese-stuffed Mini Meat Loaves and Mole Tacos
- Creamy Portabella Mushroom: Creamy and highly indulgent, this smooth sauce is rich with sautéed Portabella mushrooms, giving you any easy way to start delicious dishes like Easy Weeknight Beef Stroganoff, Steak and Mushroom Sandwich and Tetrazzini
- Creamy Three Cheese: Rich and creamy with a blend of yellow and white cheeses, and a savory background of chicken stock, onion, garlic and cracked pepper, this is a great way to satisfy cheese lovers with Easy Weeknight Bacon Mac & Cheese, Twice-Baked Potato Pizza and Cheesy Egg Breakfast Tacos
Would you like to try these for yourself? Then enter to win this fun starter kit so you will have all you need to whip up some of these tasty treats.
Gift pack will contain:
- A set of 6 kitchen tools that is designed to improve hygiene and minimize the mess made by placing utensils onto kitchen surfaces during use
- Progresso Recipe Starter recipe book featuring 5 recipe ideas
- Can Progresso Recipe Starter (Creamy Three Cheese)
- Can Progresso Recipe Starter (Parmesan Basil)
Disclaimer: The information, products and ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM gift packs were provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are my own. You may read more of my disclosure .