They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Though I often wonder who “they” are I have to agree this time I agree with them. If you get your recommended 8 hours of sleep this means you have gone 8 hours (or more) with no fuel. In order to keep your mind sharp, your energy levels high, and your body moving you have to give it some fuel. That is how most everything works, if your car does not have gas it is not going to move.
As a mother of three kids my mornings are about 20% me and 80% everyone else. Here is a normal weekday morning
- 6:20 am : Get out of bed and shuffle to the kitchen to make my hubby a fresh wrap for lunch.
- 6:25 am: Get in the shower
- 6:35 am: Start to wake up my daughter
- 6:35-6:45 am: Brush teeth and start to get dress
- 6:45-7:00 am: Make sure daughter is up, help her get dress (because she is slow as a snail), get her some breakfast and set a timer for her to be done eating.
- 7:00-7:15 am: Put on make-up and start hair
- 7:15-7:20 am: Make sure daughter is brushing her teeth, hair, and getting everything together for school and wake up both of my sons
- 7:25-7:30 am: Fish hair and make sure I have everything I need for work
- 7:30-7:35 am: Make sure again boys are awake and head out to start the day
Can you see what is missing? When did I eat breakfast? I normally eat breakfast at work closer to 8:30-9:00 but this means I’ve been up over two hours with no fuel. So it is time to start multi-tasking (ok I mean MORE multi-tasking).
I feel much better and don’t get irritable as long as I have a little bit to eat. As a master multi-tasker (as are most mothers) a Nutri-Grain Fruit & Oats Harvest bar is an easy fix to my “no time to eat breakfast” morning dilemma…
Hey it is much safer than driving down the street trying to put on make-up! We just recently had the chance to try both the strawberry and blueberry flavored Nutri-Grain Fruit & Oats Harvest bar.
- Each bar contains 4 grams of protein and a hearty combination of real fruit and whole grains.
- Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest cereal bars are available in Country Strawberry and Blueberry Bliss.
- Learn more about Nutri-Grain® Fruit & Oat Harvest cereal bars at www.facebook.com/NutriGrain
My favorite flavor is the strawberry and my husband’s is the blueberry (not surprising he is not a fan of strawberries). See opposites do attract. Remember I mentioned my first task in the morning is to make my husband a fresh wrap for his lunch? I thought I would throw in a little morning or mid-afternoon snack.