This post brought to you by Slim-Fast. All opinions are 100% mine.
The usual thing is to wait until after the holidays to begin the quest to lose weight. I decided to be less traditional this year and begin NOW. My weight loss journey had been long and a big roller coaster. About two years ago I woke up one morning and decided to lose weight it was like a switch just turned. I proceeded to lose 40 lbs. I’ve kept that off until the last 6 months. I’ve slowly gained back about 20 lbs. I’ve been trying to eat good and I admit I’ve been skipping the exercise, but nothing seems to be motivating me.
I’ve tried Slim Fast in the past and I haven’t minded it but one of my issues is it never worked for me because I didn’t feel like it had enough protein or fiber to keep me from getting hungry soon after. Just this past week, Sunday to be exact, I decided to give the new Slim-Fast 3•2•1 plan a try. I realized with my busy schedule in order to get on track I needed something quick and easy. No thought, no preparation just give me something I can grab and go.
I will be frank and say that I weighed myself Sunday morning and I weigh 176. I definitely feel more comfortable in my clothing and skins staying in the mid 160’s. I weighed myself again Thursday morning and I weighed 170.8. Seeing it so close to the 160’s really has me motivated.
The three shakes above are the ones I chose, Strawberries N’ Cream, Creamy Milk Chocolate, and Vanilla Cream (which was a lower carb). I also purchased a box of meal bars and snacks. The way the 3-2-1 Plan works is you are allowed 3 100 calorie snacks. You can use the snack bars from Slim Fast or fruits and veggies. 2 Meal replacement options either the shake or a bar. 1 500 calorie meal.
What has been working for me is a shake in the morning, a mid morning snack, a meal bar for lunch, a snack before I leave work, a normal dinner, and a small snack after dinner. I must admit though I have a 100 sweet snack for dessert!
About the Slim-Fast 3•2•1 Plan
• The new Slim-Fast shakes are part of the Slim-Fast 3•2•1 Plan, The plan gives you quick results* – done right. Plus it’s flexible so you can get the structure you want and the variety you crave. Just follow the plan:
• 3 Snacks: Three nourishing snacks a day such as Slim-Fast 100-calorie snack bars, fruit, nuts or veggies
• Slim-Fast 100-calorie snack bars provide a delicious calorie-controlled snack to help curb sweet cravings between meals
• 2 Slim-Fast Shakes or Meal Bars per day: Slim-Fast shakes and meal bars are delicious and satisfying, providing the balanced nutrition of a meal and up to four hours of hunger control
• 1 Balanced Meal: Enjoy one balanced 500-calorie meal per day. As a rule, try to fill half your plate with veggies, a quarter with protein, and a quarter with whole grains
• The new Slim-Fast shakes are available in the pharmacy sections of grocers and retailers nationwide, including Wal-Mart, Target, Safeway and Kroger and online at Amazon.com and the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Store on Facebook.
You can check out Slim-Fast on Facebook and print a coupon. Print it and have it ready to help take off those extra few pounds we sometimes hoard over the holidays.
One thing I LOVE about them is the last time I tried Slim-Fast it was in cans. It would leave a metallic taste. I much prefer the plastic bottles. I don’t mind the taste at all and of the three the Strawberries n’ Cream was my favorite. The snack bars taste just like a candy bar. They come in great when I’m craving something sweet.
I’m excited to give you the same chance at success I’ve had with Slim-Fast. Enter today to win a 4-pack of Slim-Fast shakes and 4 coupons valued at up to $8.99 to purchase additional Slim-Fast shakes or other products.
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end on December 26, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to US Only.
Thank you and Good Luck!