Perfect fun snack after a long day of school!
- Cup Cakes!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- Slushee Syrup!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (0.13 oz) cherry-flavored unsweetened soft drink mix or 1 package (0.22 oz) berry blue unsweetened soft drink mix
- 2 containers Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 package (0.13 oz each) cherry-flavored unsweetened soft drink mix or 1 package (0.22 oz) berry blue unsweetened soft drink mix
- 12 colored plastic drinking cups (9 oz each)
- 12 straws
- Red or blue edible glitter, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix 1 cup water, sugar and 1 package drink mix. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix both containers frosting and remaining package drink mix. Spoon frosting mixture into heavy-duty freezer bag. Cut corner off freezer bag.
- To assemble each of 12 slushee cups, remove cupcake liners from 2 cupcakes. Put 1 cupcake in bottom of drinking cup, and poke with fork. Spoon 1 tablespoon drink mix syrup over cupcake. Top with about 1 tablespoon frosting mixture. Put second cupcake on top of frosting in drinking cup, and poke with fork. Spoon 1 tablespoon drink mix syrup over cupcake. Pipe frosting over top of cupcake. Insert straw into cup. Sprinkle with edible glitter. Repeat to use remaining cupcakes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store any leftover cupcakes in refrigerator.
If you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Cool the pan about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.