Here in South Florida it is definitely beginning to heat up. The humidity has come to stay and our temps during the day are usually in the 90’s. Often this makes one want to stay inside but who wants to be cooped up in the house all day long when they can enjoy the outdoors. The trick is to stay cool. Choose activities that are going to be fun but yet cool. For example I wouldn’t throw on a sweat suit and go jogging.
Top 5 Ways to Stay Cool This Summer
- Pool: If you are lucky enough to have a pool in your backyard, complex, or neighborhood take advantage of it. While the kids splash, play, and swim you can enjoy the sun and stay cool too! If you don’t have access to a pool in your neighborhood see if you have a local pool at a rec center or water park and enjoy the day in the water.
- Drink lots of water: If you are going to be out in the sun you are going to need to stay hydrated and if you bring enough you can always poor some on a cloth to keep your neck cool. You would be amazed how much better you feel when your neck is cool.
- Choose light clothing: Now is the time to break out those tank tops and flip flops, or better yet put on your swimsuit. Just remember to put on your sunscreen before you go out side.
- Sprinklers and water slides: Change things up a bit and grab a Slip n’ Slide at your local store and watch the kids slide their way to coolness! Or remember when you use to play in the sprinkler as a kid? Now a days they have so many different gadgets to attach to your house so the kids can enjoy the water play.
- Ice Cream: Who doesn’t love ice cream on a hot summer day?Safeway and Unilever are here with the perfect way to stay cool this summer. From 5/21 – 6/3 stop in to Safeway to mix and match any three of your favorite novelty ice cream brands like Popsicle, Klondike, Good Humor or Magnum and get them for just $2.49 each! It’s not only the best option for stocking the freezer and staying cool this summer; it’s also the most delicious!
To help you stay cool we are giving you a chance to win a $50 Safeway Gift Card (can be used at all Safeway-owned stores like Vons, Pavillions, Tom Thumb, Randalls etc). Simply re-tweet the tweet below and one person will be randomly selected to receive a $50 Safeway Gift Card.
$50 Safeway Gift Card Tweet To Win
— Colleen Shibley (@shibleysmiles)
And the winner was…https://twitter.com/mellanhead
This post is sponsored by Lunchbox.