As a mother of three it is not easy to find time for each child. A lot of the time with my boys my time for them is dedicated to driving them to sports and watching their soccer and baseball games. Not exactly quality time but showing my support as their mother for what they enjoy. It baffles me sometimes to be at a soccer game and see maybe three parents with a team of ten children. One thing I do need to work on is finding a way to spend more quality time with them. It is hard as they do seem to be on the go running around outside, playing video games, or not even home. Ocassionally I can get the whole family to sit down and watch a movie and sometimes a board game.
However with my daughter it is not so hard at all. She usually comes with me everywhere and if we don’t go anywhere for a couple of days she is itching to get out. The few times I have gone shopping without her I just feel so lost. I truly enjoy taking her with me, I love her company. This weekend we had some picnic fun, and I even got my youngest son to join in. We spread a blanket on the floor and had ourselves a picnic while we played some board games. Her choice was Sesame Street Chutes and Ladders We played three games and strangely enough each of us won one game!
Nick is not pictured because he is the one actually taking the photo. In addition to this fun we also spent some time playing on JumpStart.com (Check out my JumpStart giveaway). It was fun watching her get excited each time we finished a challenge. She is trying to get 15 sand dollars so she can get a mermaid tail. So each time we got a portion of a sand dollar she would giggle and get excited. We took turns which is her favorite way to play games with me. She does this often on the iPhone, another way for us to do things together. So funny how things have evolved huh? My iPhone is a hot commodity in my house. One game we LOVE to play together is Fruit Ninja. We’ve reached most of the acheivements but still have a few left.
I guess this weekend I was tuned into Honey and just noticed some really fun and interesting things about her and thought I would share.
1. She loves to eat an apple each night when it is time to go to bed. Her bedtime ritual seems to be getting into bed and watching Yo Gabba Gabba, Upside Down Show, or Wow Wow Wubbzy while eating a Granny Smith, Gala, or Red Delicious apple.
2. She likes to wash her face each night. She reminds me that “we” need to wash our face. She likes to use my Nutra Luxe just like me. I can’t help but smile knowing I’m starting a good habit.
3. She LOVES cinnamon. She got me into putting cinnamon on my apples. One day after cutting up her apple she spread peanut butter on it and sprinkled it with cinnamon. I asked her if she had seen her grandmother do that and she said, “No, it just sounded like something I would like”. Yesterday morning she had a piece of bread with almond butter and cinnamon. (She prefers almond butter to peanut butter.)
4. Mealtimes have no meaning to her. I can often find her eating mushrooms and peas for breakfast. One day when we had to be at Nick’s football practice at 8am she brought with her to eat green beans and corn. The other mothers were ASTONISHED at your choice of breakfast (in a good way). How can you say no to your child wanting to get veggies no matter what time of the day it is.
5. She calls all Chef Boyardee and Spaghetti-O products “Eat-Eat”. I think it may have started when she was very young I would ask her what she wanted to eat and she would say eat-eat and point at the cans of ravaoli, beef-a-roni, and meatballs. I think she was trying to say I eat but ended up with Eat-Eat. So to this day that is what she calls it.
6. She doesn’t care to wear the color white. She does have two pieces of white clothing that she will wear. A skirt that has hot pink threading for the stitches and a white shirt that says “Brothers Make the Best Pets”. However normally she will not let me purchase anything white for her.
So how about you? Do you or your children have any cute quirks?