It seems like every other day I’m getting a notification on my phone that the heat index here in South Florida is upwards of 100! With all this heat it is important to stay hydrated and cool! One fun way to do this is to pack up the family and head to a water ark! Wondering which water parks are worth it? Check out Parents magazine picks for the “10 Best Waterparks of 2016”, Enjoy an action-packed day of sliding, riding, wading, splashing, and more.
The criteria to make this list was based on the following factors: the presence and training of lifeguards; variety of activities tailored to each age group; and family-friendly amenities such as nursing areas, seating, and food and drink options.
These parks are the ultimate cool-down destinations and offer a mix of experiences for both little ones and older thrill-seekers,” says Parents Editor-in-Chief Dana Points. “Our winners put a premium on safety, comfort, and entertainment. From themed games to animal sightings, their special perks will ensure an inspiring and memorable visit for the whole family.
10 Best Waterparks of 2016
A waterpark visit often tops a family’s summer wishlist, so take the plunge on one of this year’s best! According to Parents, the top ten are:
- Aquatica By Seaworld (Orlando, FL; San Antonio, TX; and San Diego, CA)
- Aquatopia at Camelback Lodge (Tannersville, PA)
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach (Orlando, FL)
- Great Wolf Lodge (13 locations nationwide)
- Kalahari Resorts (Wisconsin Dells, WI; Poconos, PA; and Sandusky, OH)
- LEGOLAND Water Park (Winter Haven, FL and Carlsbad, CA)
- Massanutten Resort (McGaheysville, VA)
- Schlitterbahn Waterparks & Resorts (New Braunfels and South Padre Island, TX)
- Wilderness Resort (Wisconsin Dells, WI)
- Zoombezi Bay (Columbus, OH)
The 10 Best Waterparks of 2016 guide appears in the August issue of Parents magazine, on-sale July 12, and online at http://bit.ly/29ve2mb now.
Not to see that 3 parks are located right here in the Sunnyshine State!