I mentioned last week that when my mother in law moved out that gave my boys a chance to have their own room. When this happened we had a lot of rearranging and moving of bedroom dressers, beds, desks, etc. It is amazing how much we had shoved into one bedroom.
However one thing we didn’t have was two sets of dressers for the boys. I had seen a chest of drawers on sale in the newspaper and had thought about purchasing it but my husband reminded me that we had a perfectly good dresser (so to speak) in the garage.
Last week my goal was to finish getting the dresser sanded and stained so Buddy could finally put his clothes back into his bedroom. Until this week they have been piling up on our dining room table. I really tried to spend a little time sanding it each day but kept putting it off until I finally finished it up Saturday morning. We added two coats of stain Saturday and let it sit overnight. Sunday morning we sprayed it with the clear coat and waited for it to dry (in a humid Florida garage). That is why this update regarding my goal is posted on Tuesday and not Monday. We wanted to give it 24 hours to dry. What do you think?
I think this looks much better then some cheap bedroom furniture I could have bought that probably would have fallen a part within a months time. As for my goal this week…it is going to be a two week goal because if you haven’t heard I’m going to BlogHer11′ thanks to Brookstone. So that said my goal for the following week is my sofa and loveseat. When we moved into our house a little over two years ago I decided to redo our throw pillows on the sofa. I only managed to get ONE of them done so far. So my goal this week is to clean my sofa cushions and get the throw pillows finished.
My second goal since this will be over a period of two weeks is to also re-upholster the two cushions on our workout equipment. The equipment was given to my husband and needed some help when we got it, the kids of course helped it along a little and now they really need some help.