The holidays are here and if you are like me you need to do what you can to eat as healthy as you can before the holiday treat fest begins! So why not add some delicious yet healthy recipes to your recipe box this year courtesy of Marina Rößer. I have been posting a few recipes this month that are sure to help keep that waist line in check over the holidays. So enjoy the most recent scrumptious recipe a Berry Apple Crumble.
- 1 apple
- 300g blackberries
- 60g ground almonds
- 60g fine oats
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup 0,5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Fresh vanilla (from a vanilla bean or mill)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (355 °F).
- Blend oats until you have a fine flour. Heat half of coconut oil until liquified, then mix with ground almonds, oat flour, honey or maple syrup and ground cinnamon until you have a crumbly consistency.
- Cut apple into cubes, removing seed and stem. Mix cubed apple and blackberries with remaining coconut oil and season with fresh vanilla, if desired.
- Place in a casserole dish or oven-safe ramekin then top with crumbles and bake on middle rack for approx. 30 minutes until golden brown.
Check out these recipes as well!