Yes for us sadly summer is coming to an end, or at least summer vacation. The kids here in our county start school in less then a week. Next Monday I will be getting up a little earlier to drag everyone out of bed to get ready for that first day of school. My daughter is super excited about school. She can’t wait to get back to her girlfriends and this year she is in third grade which means she gets grades on her report cards.
These last weeks we have been trying to take advantage of our free time together like our trip to Orlando to enjoy Wet n’ Wild. The past two weekends we have been enjoying some family time at the bowling alley. This Sunday we decided to celebrate with a back-to-school pool party. This means tablets, phones, and computers are unplugged and we enjoy the sun, family fun, and splashes! Before our party Honey and I went to Target to get some party supplies. What is the best treat to beat the heat? Ice cream of course!
Our pool party was just family so it was relaxing, not a ton of planning on my part. I let Honey take the lead. In fact she was the one that helped me pick out all the yummy treats above. It was perfect timing because right now Target is running a Buy 3 boxes, Get One Free offer on Magnu, Klondike, and Fruttare. The great thing is we got a little something for everyone. For my husband and I who don’t need all the calories we picked up the 100 calorie Klondike bars. For my son he doesn’t really do chocolate we bought Strawberry Fruttare, though it was a hard choice between the Strawberry and banana. For those that love ice cream in all it’s glory we got traditional ice cream sandwiches and Magnum Mini’s!
Honey knew what she wanted to try the Magnum Mini Almond was first up on her list! They are just the right size for her as she doesn’t do a lot of chocolate either.
While some family members took a dip in the pool others like my oldest son wanted to enjoy the sun from the sidelines.
My youngest two are like fish, you can usually find them in the pool every day. One of their favorite things to do is enjoy a game of toothpaste with their dad (what a weird name I know)
How to Play ToothPaste
- One person is chosen to be on one side of the pool by herself, with everyone else on the other side. This chosen person is “it.”
- The person standing alone gets to say a category of her choice (for example–colors, teachers, candy bars, etc.).
- Once the topic is announced, the person who is “it”Â goes underwater, and the rest of the players state what they are (if the topic is “colors”, one person is yellow, another is green…).
- Once everyone is ready, the person standing alone shouts out one of the words such as yellow or green (depending on the topic picked).
- That person who is “it,”Â and the player with the corresponding color, race across the pool to see who reaches either side first.
- When they reach the opposite wall, they grab it and shout “toothpaste”!
- Whoever wins is now “it” and gets to decide a topic!
After all the festivities and swimming it was time to relax. Honey decided she wanted to try the Strawberry Fruttare bar and relax in her favorite spot….
We want you to throw your own party and enjoy the great offers at Target. Enter below to win a $75 Target gift card and Target cooler! Don’t forget to grab your coupon & save now: Buy 3 boxes, Get One Free.
*Sponsored post by Lunchbox, all opinions are 100% my own.