You can’t go wrong with cheese and potatoes!
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen potato nuggets
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- ½ cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cup sour cream
- Additional toppings, as desired (thinly sliced green onion, chopped fresh cilantro, seeded and chopped fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced ripe olives, guacamole, additional salsa)
- Heat oven to 450°F. Arrange frozen potato nuggets in single layer on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 24 to 26 minutes until hot and crisp. Line another cookie sheet or pizza pan with cooking parchment paper or foil.
- In medium bowl, mix beans, chiles and salsa. Spread half of the potato nuggets on lined cookie sheet. Spoon half of the bean mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining potatoes, bean mixture and cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top with tomato and avocado. Serve with sour cream. Top with additional toppings as desired.
Use 1 lb ground beef in place of beans. In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Mix beef, chilies and ½ cup salsa. Follow directions above for layering.
Thank you to: Betty Crocker Fan Fare