Recently featured in Better Homes and Gardens
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- ½ Can of Fried Apples (or apple pie filling)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- 4 tbsp or ½ stick Butter (approx)
- Turn broiler on to preheat
- Prepare cinnamon & sugar mixture: Pour cup of sugar onto a plate (or in a bag) and sprinkle cinnamon to your liking. Mix sugar and cinnamon together
- Chop or cut up fried apples into tiny squares. I used a chopper to get apples small. If using pie filling try to use more apples and less of the sauce
- Cut tortilla into four squares, each tortilla will make four Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apple Sticks
- Microwave 2 to 4 squares (the microwave softens the tortilla making it easier to roll and helps the butter melt)
- Butter one square and flip it over
- Place a small line of apples on the tortilla square.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon & sugar mixture over the apples and your square (more if you like a heavier cinnamon flavor)
- Roll up apple in tortilla.
- Roll tortilla in cinnamon & sugar mixture (the butter should cause the mixture to stick)
- Place sticks and chips on a greased cooking sheet.
- Broil until just starting to crisp. 3-5 minutes
This recipe was featured in Better Homes and Gardens. If you have tried the recipe I would love for you to leave a comment and tell me what you think. My “cooking” is often a family joke so it is nice to have proof that I can actually cook/bake when I want. If you have any questions about the recipe, I know the recipe wasn’t quite complete in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine, please feel free to email me at colleen[at]shibleysmiles.com