I am working with Florida Prepaid.
A few Sunday’s ago I had a few quiet moments to sit down and enjoy the television with my guys. What were they watching? Football of course is there anything else on Sunday’s this time of the year? Not in the Shibley house! There was a competition going on between a young guy and girl on who could through the most footballs into a target in a specific time frame. What made me think of this event was the fact that the winner received $100,000 to help with college. I thought to myself how amazing that would have been to win when I myself was in college. Or even more amazing if one of my children could win! The chance of being selecting and winning such a prize is one in a million or more so winning college tuition for your children is definitely not the best game plan for their future. What is the best game plan is purchasing a Florida Prepaid Plan.
The holidays are here, the season of giving. What better way to let your son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, or any future college bound student know you care about them by giving them the gift of education. With education costs on the rise and such a burden for most families helping your loved one get to college is an amazing holiday gift.
‘Tis the season for giving the gift of education
Unfortunately I did not have such a plan purchased for me as a child, nor did I get the opportunity to do the same for my children. Now I’m struggling with guilt that I can’t just whip out the check book and pay for my college aged son’s school expenses. If only I had really understood the importance and need for signing up for a Florida Prepaid Plan when he was born.
There are many Florida Prepaid Plan’s to chose from such as the 1-year Florida University Plan, 2-Year Florida College Plan, 4-Year Florida College Plan, 2+2 Florida College Plan, and the 4-Year Florida University Plan. There is literally a plan for everyone. Reading over all the plans and having three kids to plan for if I had the opportunity to do it again I believe I would select the 2-Year Florida College Plan for each of my children.
Get Your Code for $25 Off Your Application Fee
2-Year Florida College Plan
- Covers tuition and other specified fees for 60 lower division credit hours at a Florida College.
- This plan offers your child the opportunity to earn an associate’s degree or trade certification.
- A student earning an associate’s degree at one of the 28 Florida Colleges is guaranteed admission to one of Florida’s 12 State Universities.
- The 2-Year Florida College Plan is designed to be used at a Florida College, but the amount covered by this plan can also be applied to other schools nationwide.
- If the child receives a scholarship, such as Bright Futures, the amount covered by the 2-Year Florida College Plan, not just what you paid in, can be refunded or used to pay for tuition and fees not covered by the scholarship.
- The child has 10 years from the projected enrollment year selected on the application to use his/her 2-Year Florida College Plan.
This would be a prefect plan for all three of my children. This plan helps them navigate the first years of college without the worry of how to pay. From here they can do just about anything. They can finish their education or decide to go to a 4 year college and earn a higher degree.