These delicious treats are the perfect way to say I love you. Of course you can shape them however you like but nothing says love like a heart….oh and chocolate! My husband is all about pastries, and when entering a bakery the choices are mouth watering. With just a touch of powdered sugar and a drizzle of chocolate this cream puff recipe is sure to be a hit among friends, family, and even strangers!
With back to school just around the corner, these would be the prefect way to show your appreciation for your child’s new teacher. Even better let your child help you make them and you are sure to have a gift from the heart!
Cream Puff Recipe with Chocolate Drizzle
- Profiteroles (Puffs) Dough
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Hershey’s Chocolate Sauce, for drizzle
- Confectioner Sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dough: Bring butter, salt, sugar, and water to a boil in a heavy bottom saucepan. Remove from heat. Using a spoon or whisk, quickly stir in flour. Return to heat, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture forms a dough and a film forms on bottom of pan, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool slightly or eggs will scramble in batter. Then add one egg at a time and whisk after each addition (you can also use hand or electric mixer). Whisk until mixture is shiny and soft peaks form.
- Line two sheet trays with parchment paper. Transfer the batter to a piping bag. Make small 1-1.5 inch rounds or hearts (as shown in picture) spaced at least 1 inch apart. Gently smooth the top. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until profiteroles are puffed.
- Once baked, transfer puffs to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream Filling: In meantime, fold strawberry jam into whipped cream and pipe into an icing bag with nozzle tip. Make an insertion in each cream puff, and fill about a tbsp cream into each cooled puff.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on top and dust with powder sugar. Serve immediately, or for best results, cool 30 minutes in refrigerator before serving.