Make Easter a treat this year by turning the spring holiday to an all-day celebration! Turn your kitchen into a place where creativity can flow with this cute deviled eggs recipe chicks. Easy to make and kid approved! Deviled eggs are a must at our family get togethers, but these cute deviled eggs are sure to brighten your table this Easter.
Deviled Eggs Recipe : Easter Chicks
Looking for a little fun Easter recipe for your Easter party? Check out these cute Deviled Egg Chicks Easter Recipe !
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 large carrot, very small capers, fresh dill and chives, for decorating
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan, add enough cold water to just cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover the pan and let stand for 11 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and return them to the saucepan. Gently shake the pan to crack the eggs all over. Run under cold water to cool, then peel the eggs, discarding the shells.
- Cut the top third off each egg and reserve. Carefully remove the yolks from the bottom two thirds, transfer to a small bowl and mash with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. If necessary, slice a thin piece off the bottom of each egg white so they stand upright.
- Using a 1-in. cookie scoop, scoop the yolk mixture onto the top of each egg white. Very thinly slice the carrot into strips, then cut into feet, wings and beak shapes. Use the capers for eyes and the herbs for beards, hair, and eyebrows, gently placing each in the yolk mixture to make a face. Use the reserved top third of the egg for a hat.