I first purchased a cell phone for my oldest son when he entered middle school. Once he began middle school I knew he would be taking the bus and be home for a short period of time before I arrived home from work. I know they didn’t have them when I was young, and kids still managed to get along with out them. However times have changed and I prefer to take advantage of new technology. I purchased a phone for me more so then for him.
It made me feel a little more at ease knowing he could contact me in a time of need even if he was away from the home. When we gave him his phone I had not really looked into parental controls or knew a lot about them. I sat my son down and talked to him about some of the restrictions I was placing on him and expected him to adhere too.
- Keep cell phone off during school
- Do not answer calls from people you do not know
- Do not answer text messages from people you do not know
- Make sure you take care of your phone
- Keep it charged
This is just a small list of things I thought were important at the time. I didn’t think about usage, internet, times they could use it and more. Thankfully I do not really have this problem with my children they have not abused their phone. If you are interested in having the option of parental controls you can find cell phones for kids at kajeet™.
Visit kajeet and use the promo code BACK2SCHOOL for 15% off.
Watch this video below for a quick overview of some of the great features kajeet offers.
kajeet has some really nice features for parents that want some control over when their child can use their phone and how they can use it.
- Parents can control or block inappropriate web content on their child’s cell phone
- Manage text and picture messaging on their child’s cell phone
- Set up time blocks for when the phone can be used (i.e., if they are in school, parents can disable calls + text)
- All kajeet phones come installed with GPS to allow parents to locate the phone (or their kid) if it’s lost or stolen
- Variety of affordable service plans so you can find the right one for your family
- Cancel anytime. No Contracts or Termination Fees
When my children had a phone with internet access since I was unable to control what they saw or what was sent to them I turned the internet off and didn’t allow them to use it. This meant not only were they unable to get photos from friends I also could not use the GPS Locator service that my carrier offered. It would be interesting to try some of these great features offered above by kajeet.
Visit _f87455d8_ and use the promo code BACK2SCHOOL for 15% off.
kajeet™ is a great cell phone solution for parents who, like me, want to stay connected, know where their kids are, and keep them safe online. Learn more about all that kajeet™ has to offer by watching this short video. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of kajeet. The opinions and text are all mine.