My daughter loves meatballs! She has enjoyed them since she was a toddler so I’m always looking for a great meatball recipe so that we aren’t eating the same thing day in and day out. I also prefer to cut with leaner meats like turkey or lean ground beef. This is a very easy recipe for a leaner meatball. Once the meatballs are made you can do just about anything with them such as put them in spaghetti, eat as an appetizer or if you like my daughters just eat meatballs for dinner!
Healthy Italian Meatball Recipe
- Jenni-O Italian Seasoned Turkey
- Spaghetti Sauce ( Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom or your choice)
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- ½ Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsaley
- ½ Tbsp Garlic
- Roll turkey into small/medium size balls
- Fry in pan (using cooking spray) until fully cooked
- Pour sauce into sauce pan
- Seasoned with oregano, onion powder, parsley, and garlic.
If you want to cut down on the sugar you can chose a different spaghetti sauce. This is my favorite meatball recipe because I love the taste of the Italian seasoned meat. It adds a delicious taste instead of your standard hamburger. These is also a great recipe when you are trying to create healthy alternatives. If you just can’t get away without adding a little bit of carb to your dinner or lunch you can always add whole grain pasta to your meal.