This post brought to you by DISH. All opinions are 100% mine.
Just this evening I was watching TV, a competitor that will remain nameless, when a message flashed regarding the possible removal of a very popular channel. This is the third time this has happened and made me start thinking maybe it is time to shop around. Then what should appear but some awesome information about the HOPPER from DISH.
We have five people living in our household and there are times when all five of us could be watching TV. We have definitely outgrown our current programing package. We have two DVR's but I really wish all the TV's had the ability to record and pause. In comes the HOPPER
I had no idea about all the features of the HOPPER from DISH. Learn more about the Hopper below
- With the DISH Anywhere app (for Apple and Android devices) and www.dishanywhere.com online portal, customers can watch live and recorded TV including live sporting events, TV shows and movies – anytime, anywhere. (One of favorite features)
- DISH Anywhere also lets you take control of your DVR to schedule and manage recordings remotely.
- Transfer your DVR recordings to your iPad with the free Hopper Transfers app before you leave the house and you can enjoy your favorite movies or shows on flights or keep your kids entertained on a long road trip, even when you don’t have an Internet connection. (definitely my next favorite)
- DISH created commercial-free TV so you can save an hour each night! Now you can instantly skip commercials in recorded primetime
- With the Hopper™ you can record 6 different shows at the same time during primetime giving you three hours of on demand primetime
- The Hopper™ lets you have full HD DVR functionality on every TV, so you can pause, rewind and record live TV in any room. (one of my favorite features)
These features are something I'm really looking for in my programming. I love to watch TV on my iPad. This way while my husband is watching his shows (that don't interest me) I can still sit with him and watch my own shows (that don't interest him) on my iPad. Sometimes I will bring my iPad to work with me and watch a show during lunch. How awesome it would be to take with me my recorded shows!
One thing I hear often from my children is "just wait until a commercial" or "this is almost over". The TV they watch most of their programming on does not have the ability to pause. It would be great to have the HOPPER and be able to pause any programming on any TV. (Then they can't give me an excuse to get up and do what I ask). Not to mention everyone likes their own shows and we currently only have 2 DVR's, which my husband and I mainly use. I would love the children to have the ability to record their own shows of choice.
I definitely will be looking more into this as an option for changing providers. If you are interested in DISH then why not LIKE DISH on Facebook and follow
Get the Hopper™ free when you sign up for DISH. Packages starting at $24.99. (For 12 months with 24 month commitment. Restrictions Apply.)