As mothers we are often stretched in so many directions we tend to lose focus on the most important things in life. Don’t get me wrong we provide, we teach, we are there when we are needed but sometimes we forget about the fun and the connecting with our children. Here are some of the things I do to put a smile on the faces of my children and how I try to stay connected with them.
1. With my father’s passing and my mother in laws move to Florida the children rarely receive mail. So once in a while I will write each of them a letter, and mail it from work.
2. I love to put together treasure hunts for the children when I may have a special gift to give them. They love it so much they have put together their own treasure hunts for my husband and I.
3. Sometimes just to mix it up we will spread a picnic blanket in the middle of the living room floor and have an indoor picnic while we watch a movie.
4. Of course there is always game night. I am always browsing the ads and game shelves at the story to look for a new and fun game that all of us can participate in.
5. I ALWAYS ask my children how there day was. In fact one day when I didn’t pick up my son from school because he walked instead and I got busy he came to me and reminded me that I had not asked him how his day was.
7. The most important thing I do with my children is tell them several times a day that “I Love Them” because of this my children have to be one of the most loving children on this earth. All of my children return the sentiment by telling both my husband and I on a daily basis that they love us.
I figure I must be doing something right!