The holidays are here and if you are like me you need to do what you can to eat as healthy as you can before the holiday treat fest begins! So why not add some delicious yet healthy recipes to your recipe box this year like this delicious Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe by Marina Rößer.
Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe
- 1¾ lb boneless chicken breast
- 4 bell peppers
- 4 carrots
- 4 red onions
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 lemons
- 4 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 3 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (390 °F) (no convection). Grease a big oven-safe casserole dish with half of olive oil.
- Cut pepper and carrots into strips and onions into quarters. Place chicken breast in casserole dish, season with mixed Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Layer with cut vegetables and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cut lemon in slices, then place on top and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Bake on middle rack for approx. 40 minutes. Squeeze lemon slices before removing
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe and keep checking back as we share more great recipes throughout the month to help you stay on track as the holidays approach. We will even have some great substitutions for your favorite holiday meals!