If you have an iPhone or iPad then you must have heard of LifeProof! I was introduced to LifeProof at BlogHer12′ and was impressed. It is hard not to notice a fish bowl full of water and an iPhone submerged in that water. That is correct LifeProof is a water proof case for both iPhone’s and iPads. Recently over the holidays I posted a review of the LifeProof iPad Case. In fact I continue to use the case and love the ability to take it into the bath to relax and read.
In addition to the iPad case we also had the opportunity to review the LifeProof iPhone case. At the time the iPhone 5 was not out so we received the iPhone 4 case. This worked out well for us because I put it on my daughters phone (turned iPod) knowing she would get the most use out of it. Like the iPad you must first do a water test to test your case and make sure it is truly waterproof. It passed with flying colors.
The LifeProof iPhone case is very light. I was surprised at how light it was. It fully encases your iPhone with everything protected. With the case in place I handed over the iPhone to my daughter for testing. We found with the first iPhone we received that it was unreceptive to our touch on the right side. You really had to press on the screen to get it to recognize your touch. I thought it was simply the design of the case however when I mentioned it to the rep I was told it was not suppose to do that and they shipped out a second one.
The second case arrived quickly and we again did the initial water test. Turns out I was incorrect, the probably with the sensitivity was specific to the first case and there must have been a flaw. After my daughter used the second case for a couple of days she reported back it was working great. In fact she continues to use the case because she loves to take the phone into the bath tub with her. It is such a relief to have a case like this on a child’s device, knowing it is protected against even water!
Your LifeProof™ everyday case for iPhone 4 or 4S is sleek, refined, convenient and unobtrusive.
- Protects against every-day hazards—full IP-68 rating against water and dust, and designed to Military Specifications
- High degree of shock and impact protection—tested to Military Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5 (2 meters/6.6ft drop on all surfaces and edges. 26 tests)
- Fully sealed protection against minute dust particles
- Includes bonus General User Headphone Adaptor and Keeper for headphone jack cover
- Ability to swim and take underwater (2 meters/6.6ft depth). Optional Swimming Headphone Adapter allows use of waterproof headphones underwater
- Mil-Spec protection that allows you to go anywhere, anytime, and do anything with carefree freedom
- Ultra-slim and adds only 1/16” (1.5mm) when measured from the center of the phone
- Weighs less than an ounce (28g).
- Unique combination of materials that will not stick to your pocket
- Compatible with all iPhone 4 and 4S models (International carriers, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon).
- Full Functionality
- Double AR-coated optical glass lenses provide unprecedented crystal-clear photo and video quality
- All phone features are operational while maintaining a high level of protection
- Improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.
Disclaimer: I received an iPhone 4/4S case to review. All opinions are my own. You may read more of my disclosure.