Summer is winding down, kids are heading back to school, and life is getting back to normal. List minute vacations are being planned. Many of these plans include a quick car trip. No one likes to think of the possibility of getting into an accident. August is one of the busiest times of the year for car travel. Labor Day is one of the most dangerous holidays for car travel so there’s no better time than now for you and your to prepare in case of an auto accident.
Check out NAIC’s free WreckCheck app it is designed to help you calmly walk through the steps to take following an auto accident, and it helps you determine what information and details are important when filing an insurance claim, all from your mobile phone. The app even allows you to collect the necessary information on the spot and immediately email it directly to yourself and your insurance agent.
They teach you some of this stuff in drivers ed, if you can remember that far back, but often during a time like this we forget the basic things to do. Having an app like this that is doing the thinking for you is a great tool to have around.
According to the July 2012 survey:
- Thirty-eight percent of consumers believed they should share their driver’s license number with the other driver — one in six would even allow the other driver to photograph the license as a convenient way to exchange information.
- So what’s the risk? Many retailers accept driver’s license information to verify your identity over the phone. In fact, your license number is the most common way to confirm your identity after Social Security number and date of birth.
- Twenty-five percent of consumers surveyed said they would share their home address.
- Actually, your home address gives identity thieves the physical location of your mail or garbage, the first place criminals often look for personal financial information. And, now a stranger knows where you live, possibly putting your personal safety at risk.
- Twenty-nine percent of survey respondents believed they are required to share personal phone numbers. In fact, sharing your phone number is rarely necessary.
NACI wanted me to share this free app with my readers her at Shibley Smiles so you too will be prepared should you find your self in this type of situation. To help you with that last minute vacation we are also giving you a chance to win a $50 Shell Gas Gift Card. We all know gas these days is not cheap and this is a great help to get your vacation started off right!
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end at 11:59 pm EST on the day announced above. Open to US Only.
Thank you and Good Luck!
Disclaimer: I received the above product(s) at no cost to me by the company or representing PR agency. All opinions are my own and mine only. You may read more of my disclosure.