When LeeAnn (The Life of Rylie…and Bryce too!) and I began getting together our Countdown To Black Friday Event one of the questions was what to feature. When LeeAnn asked me about the PlasmaCar. I asked, “PlasmaCar?” How could I have never heard of this toy before this holiday season. I’m surprised my kids had never mentioned it. It seems to be quite a “hot” toy. In fact it has won several awards.
- 2009: Voted #1 Top Spring and Summer Kids Essentials by disneyfamily.com
- 2009: National Parenting Center, Seal of Approval
- 2008: iParenting Media Toy Award in the Toy Category
- 2008: Fat Brain Toy Award in the Active Play Category
- 2007: TD Monthly, Top Toy Award
- 2006: TIA (Toy Industry Association) Toy of the Year Nomination in the following two categories: Outdoor Toy of the Year and Specialty Toy of the Year
- 2006: Learning Express Stores; Most Innovative New Product
- 2006: Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Platinum Award
- 2005: Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Gold Seal Award
- 2003: NETS (Neighbourhood Toy Stores of Canada), Gold Star Toy Award
- 2003: Today’s Parent, Top Toy List (Wow! Status)
- 2001: Gold Medal, International Patent Fair, Hong Kong
So the question is with so many awards is this toy worth it? Is it a toy that your children will enjoy? This is where Shibley Smiles comes in. We have the toy and are reviewing it for you, letting you know what we think of it. When it arrived the kids were anxious to get it out of the box and give it a try. I knew that it would need some assembly so I finally relented and got to work.
By work I mean the few minutes it took to put it together. It was just a matter of snapping the back wheels into place and tightening the front wheel. At first it said you needed a rubber mallet and I was like “What? I don’t have one of those!” However they give you an additional piece should you not own one (I thought that was pretty smart). My tip is follow the instructions regarding tightening the screw for the front wheel. I did this myself and the kids soon had the wheel twisted the wrong way. We enlisted dad to give it the final “tightening” and it hasn’t caused us any trouble since.
Additionally the weight limit is 120 lbs on an uneven surface and 220 lbs on an even surface. It is not recommended to use the PlamsaCar on laminated or hardwood floors as the wheels may damage the surface. So what does one look like on a PlasmaCar? Check out Honey both outdoors and inside.
Yes I will admit because I fell within the “allowed” weight range I had to give it a try. I found myself speeding through the house with the boys as they laughed at watching their mother on this tiny little car. I will see that the experience was FUN! It was great playing with the kids.
Shibley Smiles Review Opinions:
Price: The price of at Amazon of the PlasmaCar ranges form $35-$62 (at the time of this post). With that price range we find the PlasmaCar to be an excellent deal. With the fun enjoyment that my children get out of it I think it is worth the price. It is not easy to find a product that can be enjoyed by a 14 and 6 year old.
Quality: We rate the quality as good. We did not find any problems with the PlasmaCar it appeared to work as advertised and it has held up for quite some time with no problems.
Recommendation: We definitely recommend this a a holiday gift. It is fun and a great way to get in a little exercise at the same time.
Disclaimer: I received the above product(s) at no cost to me by the company or representing PR agency. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. You may read more of my disclosure here.