Our favorite candy bars are hard to pass up from Reese’s to Snickers there is a candy bar out there for everyone. However eating a candy bar as a snack really isn’t the best choice for you or your kids. Mom’s want kids to eat their fruits and vegetables and kids want to eat potato chips and candy bars. What if there was a compromise? Have you heard of YummySnack?
If there is one thing I could change as a parent it would be how my children eat. I would have tried to eat healthier myself and taught my kids how important it is to limit many of the foods they tend to lean towards. I did do a little better with my daughter since she is a little younger than my boys. I’ve tried to teach her that you eat to fuel your body. The benefits of fruits and vegetables and why you should limit your sugar.
YummySnacks is the parent/kid compromise. Kids still want candy and mom’s want kids to eat food that is good for them.
“YummySnack Bars taste like your favorite candy bar with the fuel to take you far”
- Peanut Butter
- Cookie Dough
Honey and I sat out to test this claim and sat down to have a YummySnack taste test.
So what did one child and one adult have to say about YummySnacks? Well, you can’t really compare just on taste, let’s be real a sugary candy bar is always going to win. However as an alternative to a candy bar they aren’t half bad. YummySnacks are much lower in sugar and processed starches—ingredients that can cause weight gain, cravings, and mood swings—than typical junk foods and even many so-called “healthy” snacks.
After trying all six flavors this was our verdict. We both do not recommend the Cookie Dough it was our least favorite. Honey said she definitely liked the Peanut Butter with her second favorite being the Brownie. I definitely liked the Coconut with my second being Peppermint.
YummySnack vs Favorite Candy Bars
- YummySnack Chocolate vs 3Musketeers: YummySnacks comes in 80 calories lower, 280 grams less sugar, and 7 grams more fiber
- YummySnack Peanut Butter vs Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: YummySnacks comes in 60 calories lower, 60 grams less sugar, and 6 grams more fiber
- YummySnack Coconut vs Mounds: YummySnacks comes in 80 calories lower, 130 grams less sugar, and 5 grams more fiber
- YummySnack Peppermint vs York: YummySnacks comes in at the same calories, 200 grams less sugar, and 90 grams more fiber
- YummySnack Cookie Dough vs Cookie Dough Bites: YummySnacks comes in at 50 calories lower, 120 grams less sugar, and 7 grams more fiber
- YummySnack Brownie vs Symphony: YummySnacks comes in at 70 calories lower, 130 grams less sugar, and 7 grams more fiber
YummySnack’s is a healthier option for kids and adults who need a little sweet treat that comes in the form of a bar ;)!