As a computer geek I understand the importance of backing up your data. Actually you don’t need to be a computer geek to know that. I’m sure your average parent has hundreds of digital photos of their family and children and would be devastated if it was all gone in the blink of an eye. Or maybe you have your business files on your computer. I know for me personally I have a budget file I created years ago, about 13 to be exact. This file is my life line to my financial stability. If I lost this file I would be heart broken.
I have an external hard drive here at home that my husband bought for me many years ago (he is sweet like that). I keep all my personal files on it. The only thing on my actual computer are programs. However I often wonder if just an external hard drive is enough? Can it be infected by a virus? It too could die and take every important file and photo with it. I was recently introduced to Norton Online Backup and received a free one year subscription.
When I began reading about the benefits of the Norton Online Backup I was impressed with all that it offers. The first key feature to note is it backs up your files for you and stores them to a secure online data center. Once I get set up my backup will have a backup how cool is that? You can never been too safe! In addition to simply saving your files it also lets you retrieve your files anywhere. This is exactly what I need for that budget file I was telling you about. There are times I’m at work and would like to pay some bills and work on my budget but the file is at home. Lately I’ve been lugging my laptop back and forth so I will have it when I need it. This is not the best solution.
You can also back up files from up to 5 computers! We currently have 3 in our home (if you count the laptop) so having this option is definitely a plus. It is also compatible with both Windows and Macintosh. Here is a quick overview of some of the great features:
North Online Backup Features
- Automatically backs up your important files to our secured online data centers.
- Lets you quickly and easily restore your files
- Backs up files from up to five Windows® or Macintosh® computers
- Automatically saves the previous versions of files backed up in the past 90 days, so you can restore older files if necessary.
- Keyword Search lets you quickly locate the exact file or files you want to restore or transfer to your other
I doubt I need to tell you why it is important to back up your computer. However if you need a few reasons how about these:
Why You Should Back Up Your Computer
- You’ve got tons of important stuff on your computers.
- Computers fail, laptops get stolen and viruses attack.
- Internal and external hard drives die…and take your data with it.
- Accidents, like deleting files, happen all the time.
I know I’ve accidentally deleted a file or two at work and thankfully my IT department is able to pull a previous backup to locate the file and add it back to the server. This is basically what the Norton Online Backup is. It is like having your own little IT department working for you. They backup your files automatically and save them for you should you need to retrieve them due to unforeseen circumstances. The question you might be asking your self is why Norton Online Backup? You know you need to back up but why should I choose Norton? Here are some additional reasons below:
Why Chose Norton Online Backup
- Works in the background, so it won’t interrupt you or get in your way.
- Backs up to secure online servers, eliminating the cost and hassle of buying and lugging around USB drives, flash drives, or memory cards that could easily be broken or misplaced.
- Automatically compresses files before backing them up for faster backups that use less storage space.
- Backs up only new files and files that have changed for faster backups.
If I haven’t convinced you enough to buy it how about trying to win a free 1-year subscription that includes 25GB. Simply enter below
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end at 11:59 pm EST on the day announced above. Open to US Only.
Disclaimer: I received a free one year subscription to Norton Online Backup however all opinions are my own. You may read more of my disclosure.