The iPad seems to be one of those things that everyone wants. Then when they get it half of the people say they don’t use it. The iPad can be used for many things, and it can be hard to use for many things. Trying to write a blog post and publish it is not one of the easy things to do on an iPad. In fact sitting down to type up anything lengthy is not easy (unless you have a keyboard attached). Many people I’ve talked to say their kids use it more then anything else.
So I wanted to share with you today why I love my iPad and my number xx reasons. Basically what I use it for.
- Games: Of course the games, everyone that has an iPad plays games. Some of my favorite right now are Bejeweled Blitz, Zuma, Family Feud, Uno, and sometimes Angry Birds.
- Grocery List: I use the Grocery Gadget app to create my grocery list. It is great to have my iPad on me when I think of something I need so I can add it immediately to my list.
- Movies: We don’t have a portable DVD player and honestly if we did the quality is not nearly as good as watching a movie on the iPad. Anytime we are getting ready to travel we will download (rent) movies ahead of time and have them ready. The great thing is the rental period doesn’t start until you start the movie.
- Scanner: This does require an accessory but I’ve recently begun using my iConvert scanner more often with my iPad (now that I’ve purchased a cord and don’t have to take off my case). It is definitely a great thing to have when on working trips. I can scan in my receipts right away without fear of losing them
- Reading: I recently wrote a post on how I converted all my magazine subscriptions to my iPad for easy portability and ready whenever and where ever I want. I can also download Kindle books from Amazon instead of waiting for them to ship to me.
- iPad Games: Different then iPad applications I absolutely love the new games they are coming out utilizing the iPad like Monopoly zAPPed and Life zAPPed. While at BlogHer I saw another really cool looking game iPieces Air Hockey
- Stumble: I can sit and stumble while watching TV or laying in bed while my husband dozes next to me.
The only thing I regret is not having a 3G so I could have internet service wherever I go. There are times when I’m stuck somewhere and need to jump on the internet or host a twitter party. Things that, yes are easier on a computer, but would be great to have the ability to do so in a pinch.