As the temperatures rise and we ready ourselves for summer one can’t help but think of swimming, barbeques, and picnics. Time to fire out the grill and enjoy some tasty treats you have been missing cooped up in the winter months. This shrimp recipe is sure to have your taste buds doing a happy dance while you enjoy the sunshine and warm weather.
- Spiced Shrimp:
- 1/2 pound cleaned shrimp
- 1 tbsp Cajon Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust per taste)
- 2 tbsp oil, plus more to spray/brush on grill
- Quick Cilantro-Garlic Chutney (for serving, optional)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper per taste
- To make cilantro and garlic relish, combine all ingredients in food processor except salt and pulse to make chunky chutney. Taste and adjust salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cajon seasoning with cumin powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add shrimp and drizzle oil to coat the shrimp. Skew 3-4 pieces of shrimp per skewer. Sprinkle seasoning made in step 2 on both sides.
- Preheat grill. Spray oil and place shrimp on grill. Grill until golden-orange color on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side. or until it is done per your liking.
- Once shrimp is cooked, serve immediately with 1-2 teaspoon of cilantro chutney, lime wedges (optional) over bed of rice and enjoy!
Spiced Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Getting Your Grill Ready
Now that you are opening up your grill for the grilling season it is time to get it ready for the summer.
- The first step to clean your grill is to clean the grates and inside.
- If you have not yet invested in one it is important to purchase a grill cover to keep your grill looking new. If you need a new cover now is the time to purchase one.
- Pull out the hoses and give them a good cleaning to get rid of any bugs or spiders.
- Drain and clean the grease traps that are usually found in the back or under the grill plates.