It is no secret that I love a good pasta recipe. While my husband is a meat and meat guy, he will forgo the potatoes for more meat. I am a sides girl enjoying rice, bread, and pasta! The great thing about pasta is it is not hard to find a good pasta recipe. There are so many different types of pasta and pasta sauces that you almost can’t go wrong.
My husband and I are the yin and yang where he likes meat I like sides. Where he likes mild I like spicy! One of my favorite pasta recipes is this Penne with Cajun Hot Links and Chipotle Shrimp Recipe, it definitely has a kick even for a spicy girl like myself.
Spicy Marinara Penne Pasta Recipe
- 1 Pound Penne Pasta
- One 14 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes, pureed
- 1 shallot, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes (adjust per taste)
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to rolling boil, season with salt and cook pasta until al-dente. It takes about 12 minutes to cook pasta or you follow timings per pasta package directions.
- In meantime, in a wide pan, heat olive oil, garlic and shallot and cook until just soft (1-2 minutes)
- Add pureed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add in boiled pasta and half of cheese. Coat to combine.
- Serve hot with remaining Parmesan cheese.