Thank you to Big Fish Games for supporting this article.
It seems that no matter what is going on in my life I always have at least one game either on Facebook or my iPhone that enjoy during times when I have a few moments to myself. This could be my lunch hour, waiting for a doctor’s appointment, or a ride in the car (notice I said ride not drive). After a while I like to find something new and fun. I’m always on the look out for the next best game. Of course the best game can vary depending on who you are talking too. I personally enjoy puzzle games. Games that you can with with some thought and a little luck. I was recently introduced to a new app from Big Fish Games called Cascade.
I wanted to start off by saying that I have always LOVED Big Fish Games like Fishdom 3, so I was excited to try one of their new games.
Join Jasper the Mole on his journey through 10 lands and complete over 140 colorful levels! Spin for gems and send them cascading with matches of 3 or more. The larger the match, the higher your score!
- Match-3 and slots combine in this innovative gameplay experience
- Over 140 hand-crafted levels, completely free to play; no friend gates, no paywalls, no shenanigans!
- Earn Burst Gems, Wilds, and other boosts and powerups to get you through challenging levels
- Compete against your friends on each level, or play alone
- Seamless synchronization between multiple devices
This is different then many of the matching games you have seen in the past. First you must spin to fill your gem board.
Once your tray is full of gems the object is to swap one gem in each column with a gem in your tray. The object is to make the largest match you can to gain points and make special gems that will help you accumulate more points.
The object is to get at least one star to pass the level. Of course it is even better to get three stars. Many times when I play these type of games I will keep replaying the level over until I have reached the three star level.
As you level up the levels will begin to give you additional goals like clearing specific squares on the board. When this happens not only must you get at least one star you must also complete the goal to go on to the next level.
As you get better you will also earn bonus items that can help you in future levels. You can then choose to use the bonuses when you play your level.
Of course if you are competitive (I live with three males competition is a must) you can make your own personal goal of getting a higher score than your friends. Of course you can see here I didn’t even place in the top three. Cascade currently has a customer ranking of 4 1/2 stars out of 5 with 442 reviews. I would definitely call that a hit!
Cascade App Tips and Tricks
If you are looking for general information or a little boost with some helpful tips you can find all of that below
- Chapter 1: Getting Started and General Tips
- Chapter 2: Daily Spin and Challenge
- Chapter 3: Super Wild Gems and Burst Gems
- Chapter 4: Tricks
- Chapter 5: Boosts
- Chapter 6: Boards and Patterns
- Chapter 7: Crates, Rocks, and Chests
- Chapter 8: Jails, Vines, and Boulders
- Chapter 9: Bombs, Steel, and Three-hit Stones