Unlike my husband I grew up playing video games. Back in the day there was no “save” feature so my sister and I would play, turn off the TV, but leave the gaming system on so that we could come back to where we left off. Our days were filled of Mario Brothers, Q-Bert, and Frogger.
So when my oldest son was old enough to start playing video games with me I promptly went out and bought our first Playstation. One of the games I purchased for us to play was Spyro. At the time my son was in first grade and I was amazed at his gaming skills. He seemed to remember where everything was and was able to run and fly Spyro through the game with ease.
When I heard there was a newly release Spyro game called “Spyro Reignited Trilogy” I knew we had to get it even if for old memory purposes. It turned out I was not the only one, my son was excited to play the game and he too remembers it as the time when he and mom would play games together. He may be 21 years old but he is still a huge video game and Sypro fan.
He called me up after playing the game for a while and said it was so much fun. He played for hours beating levels and getting through everything.
KEY TRILOGY FEATURES:
- Unleash the Dragon – The purple dragon that stole gamers’ hearts 20 years ago is back and looking more fly than ever in scaled-up HD graphics. Explore the expansive realms, re-encounter the fiery personalities and relive the adventure in fully remastered glory
- Massive Collection – The Spyro Reignited Trilogy lets players glide to new heights, unleash fire-breathing attacks, and explore lush environments filled with new detail bringing the Dragon and Avalar realms to life in more than 100 levels from the first three games. Each level in Spyro Reignited Trilogy is mapped faithfully from the originals, only now re-imagined with modern mechanics to give fans an excellent gaming experience.
- Gnostalgia n’ More – This is the Spyro with swagger and personality that fans remember from their childhood. Returned and remastered Orb Challenges, mini-games and more make this an epic trilogy for the diehard Spyro-maniacs!
- So Fly – The game collection is stunning, lush, and fiery! The Spyro Reignited Trilogy introduces players to a completely remastered game collection with a re-imagined cast of characters, brand-new lighting, animations, environments, and recreated cinematics—all in stunning HD.
- Fresh Controls, Original Adventure – The trilogy breaks free from the game play chains of the ‘90s with updated controls, dramatically silky-smooth game camera handling, and full analog stick support for added flavor in this one-of-a-kind adventure.
- Did You Hear That? – Fans of the Spyro games may recognize some familiar sounds in Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Tom Kenny, the original voice actor in Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage!, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon and fan-favorite reprises his role as the voice of Spyro. The new collection also remasters Stewart Copeland’s original soundtrack from the first three games, but also includes an all-new track from Copeland, entitled “Tiger Train.” Spyro Reignited Trilogy introduces an option that will allow fans to switch between the original and remastered music from the in-game menu.
Spyro the Dragon – Gnasty Gnorc has returned from exile and has unleashed evil magic on the Dragon Realms, trapping the dragons in crystal and raising an army of Gnorcs. Spyro, with his friend Sparx the Dragonfly, is the only dragon left who can traverse the six Homeworlds, free the dragons, and save the day. Guide Spyro as he glides through the Dragon Realms, toasting colorful enemies with his fiery breath and encountering countless puzzles and adventures along the way.
Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage! – Spyro has been brought to the land of Avalar to defeat the evil sorcerer Ripto who has brought war to Avalar’s Homeworlds. Each Homeworld is being held captive by Ripto and his minions and it’s up to Spyro to defeat them and bring peace to Avalar’s realms. In this adventure, Spyro powerflames, supershots, and headbashes his way through enemies while completing unique challenges such as herding strange beasts, target shooting, and defeating ravenous dinosaurs.
Spyro: Year of the Dragon – The Dragon Realms are celebrating the ‘Year of the Dragon’ when a mysterious cloaked figure emerges to steal all the Dragon Eggs. Under the spell of the evil Sorceress, an army of Rhynocs is now guarding the helpless eggs in the Forgotten Realms. With new and old friends, Spyro is on a quest to recover the lost eggs, defeat the Rhynoc army, and stop the evil Sorceress. Turn up the heat in this adventure by exploring the mysterious realms and completing outrageous challenges, such as pulling off sick tricks on a skateboard and stepping into a boxing ring.
We definitely recommend Spyro Reignited Trilogy whether you are a long time fan or looking for a new adventure. Spyro is a great game for all members of the family!