This quarter – April 1st through June 30th –Discover cardmembers can earn 5% Cashback Bonus on up to $1,500 in restaurant and movie purchases when they activate their 5% Cashback Bonus this quarter. We are definitely an entertainment family with movies being a favorite outlet. We love heading to the theater to see movies on the big screen, but with the price of tickets combined with the salty goodness of movie popcorn and other concessions – it sure can add up. In fact, just recently we took to the theater to see the much anticipated Furious 7 (awesome movie), and for four of us, between tickets and goodies, we dished out $82.
By activating my Cashback Bonus with Discover and using my Discover card at the theater, I earn some of that money back. We generally save the theater for special movies and watch the rest parked on the couch. Movie nights are a great way to spend time with family and can be put together with minimal effort for maximum fun. Dinner and a movie has always been a favorite of mine and I went in search of some fresh ideas. Here are a few of my favorites.
Discover Movies For the Whole Family
- Lady and the Tramp – A classic Disney movie full of fun for the whole family. Have a spaghetti dinner complete with a side salad and garlic bread. Everybody will have a blast playing with their pasta.
- Finding Nemo – Serve up your favorite fish dishes or try something new like fish tacos. Goldfish crackers are the perfect snack. If you’re feeling especially motivated, try your hand at making your own sushi. Alternatively, let the kids make candy sushi out of fruit leather and other candy.
- Chicken Little – Plate all manner of chicken to accompany this family favorite. Chicken tenders, bites, or nuggets with all the best dipping sauces including ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce and others. French fries make the perfect side.
- Rookie of the Year – Fire up the grill for delicious ballpark favorites such as hotdogs and burgers. Chips and dip are an easy side.
- How to Train Your Dragon – Bring out your inner Viking and eat with your fingers! Make foods you eat only with your hands such as hoagies or corn on the cob. Remember some wet wipes for easy cleaning.
Discover Movies for Adults
- Let’s Be Cops – Strap in for some belly laughs and consider serving breakfast for dinner. Make bacon or sausage, eggs your favorite way, and hashbrowns. Of course, keeping with the theme, serve donuts and coffee!
- Wedding Crashers – “Crabcakes and football, that’s what Maryland does!” Have a meal of crab cakes or salad or other seafood tastings such as chowder, popcorn shrimp, and hush puppies.
- Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle – I tend to stick with a comedy theme as I’m sure you can see. Make beef or chicken sliders and other pub favorites such as mozzarella sticks or cheese balls, wings or a nice artichoke dip.
- Napoleon Dynamite – Quesadillas and tots, need I say more?
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall – Most of this movie takes place in Hawaii and that makes me think of pizza – with ham and pineapple of course. Order from your local pizza spot for an effortless dinner. And as a bonus, when you use your Discover card during this quarter you’ll get 5% Cashback Bonus on restaurant and movie purchases on up to $1,500.!
Discover also has a brand new Credit Resource Center, whether you’re a Discover cardholder or not, that answers questions from applying for a credit card to credit safety and many others. Read how to save with a balance transfer and get more information on credit scores. There’s even a section for adults new to credit with sections specifically for parents and students.