by Maria Zoitas
- 1 quart vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 24 chicken wings, tips removed and wings cut in half at joint
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Add wings and fry until crisp and brown, turning as necessary, until done, about 10 minutes.
- Remove wings from pot and drain on paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add vinegar and hot pepper sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add wings to sauce, simmer, and stir to coat, the longer wings simmer, the spicier they will be.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped scallions.