Football season is coming to an end. A sad time in our household as it means waiting around for another season to begin. This year my husbands team, Washington Redskins, had a decent year. They made it to the playoffs it was exciting! Then disappointing when they lost. Hopefully it is a road to a better year next year.
Despite the fact that the Redskins won’t be playing in the Super Bowl we will still be watching like we do each year. I’m sure I will be rooting for a specific team or maybe the “score” that will win me a little extra cash. Either way I love Super Bowl Sunday. Last year my son was excited and wanted to have a “party”. We did for ourselves, he helped me make the cake and pick out the goodies.
I challenge you this year to go outside the box and try something a little different. Why not try Super Sunday the Italian Way – with Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods! Check out these Super Bowl Tips!
Super Sunday Party Tips
- Nothing ties a party together like a creative theme. Whether you keep it football-focused, or try something like an Italian theme, offer food and beverage options that pair well and make a statement. If you go with an Italian theme, pick up a few pre-prepared Michael Angelo’s entrees that you can easily serve to your guests as the main course. Select Italian wine, beer and San Pellegrino for everyone to sip on while enjoying the party. Chocolate Cannoli for dessert would be the perfect ending to the game, even if your team doesn’t win.
- Turn your home into a football stadium, by creating coasters from astro turf (available at your local hardware store), cutting out football X’s and O’s as drink markers and hanging pom poms from the ceiling. For a gorgeous sporty centerpiece, print a Super Bowl image on high gloss photo paper and glue it around an affordable plastic vase. Simply place white mums inside of the vases, and voila!
- Create food bars, such as a “Sandwich Bar” or a “Potato Bar” that allow guests to mix and mingle in different areas of the space.
- Try Michael Angelo’s Sausage, Peppers & Onions as a delicious sandwich option, or go with a classic meatball sub to warm cold winter guests.
- Don’t skimp on hearty foods, especially if it’s still chilly where you live. In addition to finger foods, your guests will love a few options like authentic Meat Lasagna or Eggplant Parmesan. When it comes to appetizers, try this recipe for Caprese Stackers from the mom behind Michael Angelo’s, Sara.
Enter to win your own Super Sunday the Italian Way Gift Pack below:
- Two vouchers for multi-serve Michael Angelo’s prepared meals – the perfect Super Bowl snack!
- A mini-football silicone baking mold
- A football-shaped serving tray
- A set of eight football-shaped paper plates
- A football-themed table cloth
- Football-themed party decorations
Disclaimer: I received a Super Sunday the Italian Way Gift Pack. All opinions are my own. You may read more of my disclosure.