It is winter no doubt about it, even in upper Florida we got some snow for a day this year!! Winter brings more then cold weather and snow it also brings the dreaded cold/flu season which is lasting as long as the winter which feels like an eternity! I am pretty healthy and normally don’t get what every one else has…. right up until this year. No matter what I took or how much rest I got this nasty bug had to run it’s long course and there was nothing I could do about it except to try and make myself comfortable. Don’t you ever wonder how your body can produce so much mucus, you constantly blow your nose and it just keeps pouring out day after day and the punishment your nose takes is incredible. You end of trying to put on make-up to hide your Rudolph nose and your chapping. This is where my favorite tissue really helps soften the blow so of speak..lol
Pass the Puffs Please
I am not the type that is very picky about brands. I have no problem buying the generic brand of many items except for a few and one of those items is my tissues. I use nothing but Puffs and can definitely tell if I am using a different brand of tissues.
Puff Plus lotion was introduced in 1987 and is the perfect facial tissue for cold, flu, and allergy seasons to protect you nose from chapping and redness. Puffs is the only national brand dermatologist tested to be gentle on skin and will help you put your best face forward no matter the weather or the season. Puffs Plus Lotion contains a touch of Shea Butter, Aloe and Vitamin E to provide comfort for the worst cold and flu symptoms. Puffs has just the right amount of softness to sooth irritation caused by sniffles, coughing and sneezing. I couldn’t face the winter any other way and neither could my nose. Though I always have Puffs on hand the best defensive against a cold is a good offense!
Tips for Weathering the Cold & Flu Season
- Get a flu shot – this is something often recommended by your doctor and is especially important for kids who have asthma (I know my grandson suffers from it)
- Wash your hands often – you should use this tip all the time and not just for flu season however washing your hands will help keep the germs at bay.
- Be prepared – as I mentioned above sometimes no matter what you do a cold will eventually rear its ugly head so being prepared with medicines, thermometer, and of course don’t forget the Puffs.
- Stay home and rest – Often if we are so busy that we forget to rest and relax our bodies start wearing down and make it more susceptible to viruses.
- Eat Well – your mom always told you to eat your fruits and vegetables. Eating well helps boost your immune system.