BEAVERTON, Ore., November 8, 2011 – In a new survey1 conducted by independent market research firm Toluna on behalf of leading U.S. cordless phone manufacturer, VTech® Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of VTech Holdings Ltd. (HKSE: 303), 45 percent of respondents said a phone call to catch up is the best present a distant friend or family member could give them during the holiday season. In fact, a phone call outpaced gifts under the tree, holiday cards and emails.
- The holidays may be the most important time to reconnect with loved ones – and the easiest way to do that according to a recent survey is with a phone call. Nearly half of respondents said a phone call to catch up is the best present a distant friend or family member could give them during the holiday season. In fact, a phone call outpaced gifts under the tree, holiday cards and emails.
- Parents want to get everything done and still have time to enjoy the season, but moms (33 percent) and dads (32 percent) say that find that balance is a challenge and causes stress. In fact, 48 percent of moms said if they had an extra set of hands to get things done, they’d spend more time with family and friends.
- Shoppers are still feeling the effects of the economy, with nearly half of respondents ranking having “more money to give presents” as their top wish during the holiday season. In addition, 47 percent of consumers said not having enough money is the most stressful thing to worry about during the holidays.
- A special moment with family and friends is all consumers want for the holidays. The holidays are known for great food and special traditions, so it’s no surprise that consumers embrace the season for its togetherness. Survey respondents ranked a holiday meal (24 percent) as the No. 1 thing not to miss during the holidays, followed by a special family tradition (22 percent). The holiday spirit rings strongly, as the overwhelming majority of consumers don’t want to miss out on any seasonal festivities with only 13 percent of consumers saying “bah humbug” to holiday cheer.
“A simple phone call is a powerful way to connect with loved ones during the holidays,” said Matt Ramage, senior vice president, product management, VTech Communications. “The consumer data shows us that in today’s frenetic world, sitting down with a reliable home phone to have a good conversation with a distant relative or friend is still a simple desire people want and need in their lives – especially during the busiest time of the year.”
Phones for the Holidays and Beyond
To connect consumers during the holidays and year-round, VTech’s latest DECT 6.0 cordless phone systems offer superior call quality, range and reception for the conversations that matter most. VTech offers a variety of phone systems for under $100.
For people who rely primarily on mobile phones but experience problems with spotty reception at home or have trouble hearing their cell phones from another room, VTech’s DS6421-3 (MSRP: $99.95) Connect to Cell™ phone system is a great solution. This all-in-one phone system allows users to make and receive cellular and landline calls, while enjoying the high-definition audio sound clarity, comfort and ease of a VTech cordless home phone.
With the majority of consumers (82 percent) and nearly all parents (92 percent) saying a device that would help them multi-task and get more done is very/somewhat important, the VTech LS6475-3 (MSRP: $99.95) phone system with a built-in cordless headset is sure to top their wish list. The system comes with both a regular handset plus a comfortable cordless headset, so consumers can keep talking – hands-free – while cooking holiday meals, wrapping presents or managing other household tasks.
Moms who responded to the survey know what they would do with an extra set of hands during the holidays: spend more time with family/friends (48 percent), clean the house quicker (47 percent), bake more (42 percent) and decorate the house more (35 percent).
For more information on VTech and its array of products, please visit www.vtechphones.com
The baskets include these must-have holiday items for one of your lucky readers to enjoy:
- Colorful, hand-threaded shopping basket
- Festive holiday candle
- Long distance calling card
- Keychain digital photo frame
- VTech Connect-to-Cell phone system
- Fun holiday trimmings
See Official Rules. Giveaway will end on November 28th at 11:59 pm EST. Open to US Only.
Thank you and Good Luck!
Disclaimer: I did not receive product or compensation for this post. Products are sponsored by company or representing PR agency. Opinions are my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. You may read more of my disclosure.