Your body needs various nutrients in order to function correctly. Therefore, you need an appropriate weekly meal plan to fill up your body’s need for nutrients while maintaining the everyday calorie goal. A healthy diet can significantly lower your risk of developing certain health conditions including cardiac issues, blood pressure problems, obesity and more.
A healthy meal plan consists of:
- Different vegetables, fresh fruits, low-fat dairy products, and whole grains.
- Poultry, lean meat, protein-filled beans, eggs and more.
- It limits added sugar, saturated fats as well as sodium.
- It emphasizes food items rich in protein.
Maintaining a weekly meal plan is something tricky; you need to commit to it and then plan everything else. So, here we have a 7-day healthy meal prep plan for you. Read on to know more:
- Breakfast: Two hard-boiled eggs & a glass of skimmed milk (Preferably soya milk)
- Lunch: A pita sandwich with shredded chicken and green vegetables
- Midday Snack: A handful of roasted nuts
- Dinner: A bowl of chickpea curry with pita bread & a scoop of low-fat ice cream.
- Breakfast: A bowl of multigrain porridge
- Lunch: Spicy prawn and avocado salad
- Midday Snack: A glass of fresh orange juice (Or you can go for any other seasonal fruit juice of your choice)
- Dinner: Meal balls and black pepper pasta (Purchase a pasta machine and make fresh pasta at home)
- Breakfast: A cream cheese toast & a handful of strawberries or raspberries (Ditch white bread and try using whole-grain bread instead)
- Lunch: A piece of grilled salmon with sautéed vegetables
- Midday Snack: Hummus with a few sticks of carrot and cucumber
- Dinner: Tofu stew with brown rice
- Breakfast: A bowl of low-fat Greek yogurt and an apple (Or any other seasonal fruit as per your liking)
- Lunch: Roasted beef sandwich with tomatoes and green vegetables
- Midday Snack: A small cup of chia pudding
- Dinner: A bowl of chicken chowder & a scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream (You can choose any other flavor according to your taste and liking, just make sure it is low-fat or fat-free)
- Breakfast: Whole-grain overnight oats & a cup of coffee (Ditch whipped cream in your coffee and make sure it contains little milk and that too, skimmed and low-fat)
- Lunch: One or two tacos & a few pieces of grilled peach
- Midday Snack: A handful of kale chips
- Dinner: A piece of grilled lean meat with sautéed vegetables & a small cup of low-fat flavored yogurt
- Breakfast: Pancake with maple syrup and a sliced banana
- Lunch: A bowl of quinoa salad
- Midday Snack: A few slices of apple with peanut butter
- Dinner: A piece of breaded fish with some grilled wedges
- Breakfast: A glass of fresh fruit smoothie (Try to use soya milk in it)
- Lunch: Sweet potato curry with lentils & a bowl of boiled rice (Preferably brown rice)
- Midday Snack: A cube of dark chocolate
- Dinner: Pot chicken with dumplings & a small cup of low-fat flavored yogurt
Apart from following the meal plan mentioned above, you need to cut back on the calories and added sugar. Ensure not to consume more than 1000 calories and less than 800 calories per day. Your goal is to achieve a healthy body; hence, you need to make some effort. Stick to healthy fats and proteins.
Also, take good care of your vitamin intake. In case of low vitamins and calcium level, you can take multivitamin tablets alongside a healthy diet. Treat your body like a temple, and it will surely return the favor by boosting your self-confidence, improving your physical and mental health, and improving the immune system.
If you think there is anything we have missed out on, please feel free to share your ideas and remarks in the comment box below. Have a wonderful day, pals!
About the Author:
This post is written by Line Arias, who has been working as a nutritionist for ten years now. She recently collaborated with health and fitness spa, NYC, and since then, she has been working on weight loss’ meal prep plans.