This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
How many people feed their children avocados? What many people would consider an “adult” food probably haven’t thought about how good avocados are for children. Just 3 slices of this creamy green fruit packs potassium, fiber, folate, vitamin C, E and those B-complex vitamins that support memory and brain function.
I’ve lost hope when it comes to finding my boys anything half way healthy. Well that is not true I do try my best by buying less sugar items, white whole grain bread, and lowfat milk. My daughter is a different story she takes a lot of pride in her healthy eating habits and loves to try new things.
Recently during a trip to Publix we had the chance to try a dish from our local Publix cook that included avocados. This was Honey’s first taste and she thought they were pretty good. They were definitely my favorite part of the meal.
Avocados from Mexico wants to know how your children eat avocados and they were willing to pay for the information in the form of the Mini Chef Video Contest. The rules are really quite simple.
- Contest Submission Dates: November 14th – December 4th
- Age Requirements : Your mini chef must be between the ages of 5-15 as of 11/14/2011
- Entry Requirements: Submit a 1-3 minute video of your child/children preparing an avocado dish and be sure to have them include why they love avocados and the catchy Avocados from Mexico jingle found on their website (they can sing the jingle or get the recording from the website)
I’m sure you would like to know what you are trying to win right?
One grand prize winner gets $1,000 in cash plus an HD Camcorder (for future home videos!), a Nintendo 3D, 2 games and a personalized Mini Chef jacket. Nine runners up win big too with an HD Camcorder, a Nintendo 3D and a personalized Mini Chef jacket.
Creating recipes is a new thing for me. I recently stepped outside my comfort zone and created a fun recipe Southwest Cheesy Potato Frittata. So forgive me if this sounds a little plain, my daughter enjoyed the taste of the avocado so we put together this fun recipe.
Sunday Scrumptious Breakfast Burrito
- 1 Avocado
- Touch of lime juice
- 2 Eggs
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Wrap
- Crumble sausage and cook in frying pan
- Scramble eggs
- Slice avocado and mash with fork, add a little lime juice to help turn into a paste
- Spread avocado on wrap, top with egg, sausage, and shredded cheese
- Through under broiler or in toaster oven for a minute or so to warm up tortilla and cheese
Serve to one hungry girl! Sorry I don’t have any photos I’m fresh out of avocado and Honey is in bed!