Palm Beach Zoo Now Requiring Timed Tickets for Holiday Favorite, Zoo Lights
WEST PALM BEACH, FL – December 15, 2020 – Due to the popularity of Zoo Lights presented by FPL SolarNow, Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society is requiring time-specific entry to the illuminated holiday celebration.
Timed tickets are available for pre-purchase for three arrival time slots (6:00, 6:45 and 7:30 PM) on Zoo Lights’ nights now through January 9.
“We are overjoyed that Zoo Lights has quickly become a beloved holiday tradition for the Palm Beaches. Our highest priority is to ensure everyone’s safety by limiting capacity and spacing out guest arrival while providing an enjoyable, fully outdoor experience in a socially distanced manner,” said Casey Coy, Palm Beach Zoo chief operation & security officer. “We are requiring visitors to purchase timed tickets in advance, and we recommend purchasing quickly to secure your first choice of date and time.”
The community can visit www.palmbeachzoo.org/zoolights to purchase the date-and-time-specific tickets. Prices are $14.95 for adults and $12.95 for children. Palm Beach Zoo Annual Members receive special pricing. Remaining dates include Dec. 11 – 13, 18 – 23, 26 – 29 and Jan. 1-3, 8 & 9. Tickets must be pre-purchased and are not available at the gate.
About Zoo Lights: Zoo Lights visitors can expect to have a safe, socially distanced and enjoyable experience including photos with Santa, a DJ playing holiday tunes, sweet treats and more including:
- An evening stroll through the Zoo surrounded by one-million holiday lights and lighted displays.
- A unique theme for each area of the Zoo. New for 2020, the Asia section will dazzle in golden hues as lighted animals sparkle, adding more square footage to the vast event.
- The Florida Wetlands section will feature traditional holiday cheer and Santa’s workshop. Families can have their portraits made with Santa, and children can share their holiday wishes through December 23.
- The Fountain Plaza will transform into a North Pole dance floor where a DJ will spin family-friendly holiday hits each evening.
- While the jaguars sleep, the Mayan Plaza will shine with blue lights and dripping icicles.
- The Tropics Cafe will feature festive holiday fare, and food stations around the Zoo will offer seasonal treats, beverages and cocktails, as well as a s’mores fire pit for some sticky hands-on fun.
- The gift shop will offer lighted merchandise sure to be your children’s favorite.